Do I have to dress like a metro-sexual to attract ladies?

recently I've been dressing up a lil more then normal... in button downs with a vest and a tie and ladies seem to really like it... normally I'm presentable in polo shirt and jeans but ever since I started wearing these new clothing women seem to wanna talk to me more... So do women generally want a sharp dressed man or a man with metro sexual style?

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, I think its adorable when guys put more effort into how they look, such as doing things with their hair, wearing sweaters/button-downs, well-fitting jeans, etc. It just shows that they can take care of themselves, unlike otherguys who wear sagging jeans, shoes that are half-tied, and baggy shirts. I'm not saying you have to dress up reaaally nice either. Just simple jeans and a well-fitting T-shirt could do the trick ;)

What Girls Said 2

• I think the new clothing may be an opener for women since many women are fashion trendy and it shows that you put effort into it. It may be more "fun" looking and the sharpness may be a bit /too/ sharp and give off a serious vibe.

sorry about the run-ons.

• No because then you'll seem gay. There's a very fine line between fashion-conscious and too trendy to be considered straight.

• I wish women would stop giving every guy who cares about how he looks grief for looking possibly gay. What's with the fine line? Have we now reduced dressing in the morning to a science? Is this gay, is this not gay, is this sort of gay? If a guy wants to dress attractive, he has to claim an element of paranoia just to hopefully look straight. Give guys a break! Let them put more effort in their appearance, because many of us women like it. This gay crap scares the hell out of them.

What Guys Said 1

• I would like to know as well. Guys round my way are seeming to dress like dorks, with tight jeans, bright coloured clothing, fake glasses and women seem to cream themselves with this look, they're all over these guys. It's infuriating...