Why the weaves ladies?

Ladies I know that you have the right to do what ever you want with your hair but why do you choose to cover your natural with someone from another cultures hair , a lot of women are getting Indian hair weaves and and brazillian hair weaves , why not just get a wash and press , my girlfriend had a weave and I suggested she try wash and pressing her natural hair and it has grown greatly she says its easier to take care of due to the fact all you do is put a head scarf on at night , then when you wake up in the morning just take the scarf off and go , she says this style lasts 2 weeks and is much cheaper than getting a weave . So why weaves ladies , is it because you hate your natural hair ? Don't say because its easier to manage because my girlfriends actual hair dresser says its a lot harder due to the tracks

Extensions are kool but I don't understand a full head weave as they call it , I feel the media has made women hate their natural hair, every where I go I see my black sistas wearing weaves

Most Helpful Girl

• well I tried to wear an indian weave one time because I heard a lot of hype about it and to tell the truth I didn't like it. I'm used to my own texture of hair, ((NO OFFENSE TO INDIAN GIRLS)) but I found indian hair to be kinda "stringy" like it would fall all the time and stuff. so if when I do get extensions again I will get the kind that matches my exact hair texture, like yaky.

what I don't get is why do people criticize weaves all the time? I wear weaves like a hair accessory. because I want my hairstyle to have longer and thicker hair than my natural hair. why does it bother people so much that some women choose to wear weaves? that's like saying women who wear makeup hate their faces. or women who diet hate their bodies. or women who get their nails done hate their nails/hands. do women who wear pushup bras and shapewear hate their shapes?...and so on and so on.

i think we all know how to do natural hair. I have done wash and press before but I like the length and fullness that added tracks give me. what works for you may not be what works for someone else. currently I do not have a weave in because I haven't had the money like I used to, but when I get my finances right I will be getting some tracks again!

• Why not just do extensions instead of weave

• what is the difference lol? where I'm from extensions and weave is the same thing. do you mean a full head installation vs. tracks? I had the full head and I didn't like it because it looked too fake. if I do get weave again it will either be partial or some tracks in the back because I feel like it blends better and looks more realistic. either way its still "fake" and not "natural"

What Guys Said 1

• What does the person being from another culture have to do with it? I don't think it's a huge deal, but it is kind of dumb when girls get fake hair.

What Girls Said 5

• WTF...people are doing stuff like that? What is the world coming to?

• Well I wear a weave because I have trich (look it up). So yeah I wouldn't feel comfortable at all going out of the house without one, And there is no way I would go out with a wig because I would be worried all day that someone would pull it off. Also washes and presses cause your hair to fall out. Weaves are a form of protective styling, their good if you want to give your hair some time to grow.

• I had hair extensions before but not weaves. It looked really good.

• it is not because we hate our hair or culture.

i personally have a weave because I love the way I look with long hair, I'm growing my hair out and I would rather no put chemicals into my natural hair.

ive rocked the natural style as well but it just so happens that I like long hair too and unfortunately my hair is not long enough yet.

everyone is different.

• with you there . I wear extentions because it makes my hair longer when I wannna have a differant hair style but a full on wig ?

• Extensions are fine but why a full head wig?