How do I get rid of acne and acne scars?

what products have worked for you?

Most Helpful Girl

• i used murad. its pricy but worth it. google it and go 2 their web it was like $60 but has lasted me a long time. I use it every night since that's when the skin repairs it self the most when I wak eup I go and wash my face cause it might look a little oily but once washed it looks better. I have been using it for a wile now and my scars are completele gone. B4 I bought it I did research it and asked my mothers plastic sergon and he said that he would recomend it cause it has the same effects as the laser he uses to remove scars plues it's like 1,000 cheeper than the laser treatment

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Use a cleanser that contains either Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide and make sure to wash your hands before cleansing your face

-Exfoliate 1-2x a week.Exfoliating helps slough off dead skin cells and dead skin,which can help with blemishes.

The best drugstore scrubs are Queen Helene's Mint Julep Scrub and St.Ives Scrubs...the St.Ive's Blemish and Blackhead control apricot scrub is a plus because it contains Salicylic Acid,which helps cells again.

-Use a drugstore Glycolic Acid peel/ask.L'Oreal and Neutrogena had one,I heard they are both great,but as a teen,I would be inclined to say Neutrogena.This is recommended for blemishes but not a requirement.

-Always wear sunblock

• Castor Oil! it's medically proven to stop acne and get rid of pimples, scars, stretchmarks and prevent them! I sound silly because it's not a typical topical treatment but it's well worth it and organic. Just make sure you get 'Cold-Pressed' so as not to block your pores.

• A friend of mine used some Clinique product to help minimize acne scar appearances over time. So check out their line at the nearest Walmart or whatever makeup/beauty store near you.