I really want a guy to tattoo my name on him, should I?

How many of you guys would ever tattoo a girls name on you?

• Yeah, I would
  • Hell no!

Most Helpful Guy

• if a girl ever told me to tattoo myself with her name I would come back with her mother's name in a bright scarlet adorning my junk.

Ive met crazy girls with similar requests before; see my tattoos and think their name would be a brilliant addition, they had never seen a door shut faster in their lives.

All this rubbish about "if she was the one, maybe" that's not even a laughable joke!

The only times a person's name is made fully permanent is on their tombstone. All aspects of life change and a name is no exception.

What Guys Said 11

• I wouldn't unless I knew she was the one. It would be hard trying to explain the tattoo to a new girlfriend.

• Only after I had been married to her for over a decade.

• No, id only consider if we had been together for many years and are married having a very good relationship. I've heard nothing but bad stories about people doing this

• To do so would imply either overconfidence or poor foresight. Possibly both.

• For starters it should be his idea, not yours. And if you break up - he's stuck with that bloody tattoo. Bad idea.

• Nope. I've known too many people who have done that and regretted it. After my uncle got divorced he removed the "Robbin" from the heart on his arm and replaced it with "Mom."

• once when in a serious relnship I can consider that...

but serious means really SERIOUS!

'cos its not like having sex...u do it &forget it...it will remain with you 4ever!

so one needs to b ,really careful b4 taking such a step.

• Am insanely in love...

• only if she was my wife. other than that it would be a really bad idea

• Majority of people say no. I do too. What does your gut say?

• I would, all my relations with girls are serious, if I'm convinced it's the person I would if she asked.

What Girls Said 9

• NO NO NO, I know you think it is a good idea now. But a long time from know you will be what the hell was I smoking, It's just a big NO.

• "A tattoo is a permanent mark or design made on your skin with pigments inserted through pricks into the skin's top layer. Typically, the tattoo artist uses a hand-held machine that acts much like a sewing machine, with one or more needles piercing the skin repeatedly. With every puncture, the needles insert tiny ink droplets. The process — which is done without anesthetics and may last up to several hours for a large tattoo — causes a small amount of bleeding and slight to potentially significant pain."

After reading that...probably not...not because of the pain...but because the process is kind of gross in my opinion and the risk of getting keloids or infections or granulomas and stuff kind of outweighs the desire for me. Don't get me wrong, I think they are beautiful and have always wanted one, but when I think about the permanence and all of this I would make sure it is something I absolutely and completely want before I do anything of the sort to my body especially since it will be with me for the rest of my life despite my growth and teh stretching and shrinking and shrivelling of my skin with age.

I guess it depends on how permanent you see the relationship being?

• Thats just stupid. What if you two break up? That's just really stupid.

I wouldn't do that even when I'm married, I mean.. you can always get divorced so...dont do that.

or well don't make him do that.

• Once you tattoo a guy's name on you it's like a curse. No one ever stays together after they tattoo a name.

You know something's a bad idea when the tattoo artist tries to talk you out of it.

• tattooing a partners name on yourself is never a good idea, there's no guarantees that it will last and then what? you're stuck with it.

• I would never do that,what if the guy left you or you left him? next time when you find another person,they would be asking questions on why you have a dudes name on your body.A really big mistake.I wouldn't even take it under considerartion even if I was married for a coupel years.

• No. You never know what will happen in the future.

• Nope, not a good idea. If he feels like you are special enough to get a tattoo of, then HE would be the one to want to get one. If you have to be the one to bring it up, I'd say that it's something he probably doesn't want and it's only going to make you look kind of clingy especially if you guys haven't been together long.

• i got it done and even tho he is my ex now I still don't regret it.. we were together for 7 years so he still has a place in my heart..