How can I overcome wanting to be a clone?

Why does it seem to me like guys like the clones? You know the girls who all look alike. Perfect bodies, blonde hair, long straight hair. Or dark hair and dark features. Basically most teenage girls. Now I am not complaining about my body at all. But I look different, I am not a clone. I think I am pretty like I am. But I always seem to want to change my hair or whatever so I can be like a clone. And it is weird because id espise those girls and I love ot be different but I feel like I need to be one of them. I think it is a misconception I have that guys like the clones because the clones are the ones who usually get the guys. But they are alos the sort of slutty ones as well. I think the guy I like likes me for me, so how can I overcome wanting to be a clone?

Most Helpful Guy

• The feeling of wanting to conform will always be there, you've just got to become strong enough that it doesn't ever tempt you or bother you anymore.

Learning to love yourself for who you are is the first step. Later in life you'll see that uniqueness is FAR more valuable than similarity. Just use what you have to your own advantage and know while it may look like a lot of guys prefer clones, many of them don't.

What Guys Said 2

• By describing their bodies as "perfect", you have answered your own question about why guys want clones. It's not the truth, but the fact that you perceive it that way goes a long way.

You are who you are, don't try to blend in just for the sake of blending in. Any guy who appreciates you for you and likes what you have that sets you apart from the crowd will ALWAYS be better than any guy who wants a "clone" as you put it.

• Be yourself, period.

What Girls Said 4

• I think the clone girls give off this air of confidence that makes them appealing. Because sometimes if you break it down look at a few of them, they are really not that pretty face-wise, but they walk like they are the shit. And then if you look at girls who are not as popular, they are very beautiful but maybe don't dress "right" or know the "right" people.

So I would say be confident and be yourself. You are probably beautiful the way you are, so don't change just so you can be a clone. And if a guy needs the approval of a group to date a girl, then you don't want him because he probably wouldn't even treat the girl he gets right anyway.

• Now that I read this I looked at a fewclones mysapce pics and you are right they really aren't that pretty. they rely on makeup a lot too, which I don't wear makeup

• Totally agree with you.

• think of others as less den u. feel speical wen you see all of dem da same an you different because its like you know a guys gunna like you for u. its like if you be like every one else an you find a guy der could be a chance he likes you an all da other girls too since ur saying you wanna be like dem .im probably confusing you more :) . but I think a way to put it is is for you to be ur self dnt care what a guy likes as long as you feel good about ur self

• when you get out of high school, you realize its not how you look that can get you a good job, its all when you have been educated with and your personality. same with getting a guy.

• Yea I think in high school a lot is put on looks and the girls that are considered pretty or hot are the clones

• The thing is about guys (in high school) they feel comfrontable with the "clones". when you get out of high school, you'll realize that men (real men, not 16 year old boys) will notice you and find you exotic. that's what happend to me. but when I was in HS, I never dated HS boys. they were always too immature and yes, liked the "clones". so just wait huh, you'll shine. >_<

• Honestly, this will be a nagging feeling, but this just shows that you don't completely accept yourself yet, but it will go away. So just wait it out, and really and truly accept your self not just say it to sound confident