When you have a daughter?

Ok no offense against guys but I don't see this problem as much as I do in girls.

I sit here and read half these questions about should I let him. Should I do this would he like this. What if this or that. Will it turn him off. And so on there's plenty like that.

Am I the only one who wants to raise my daughter with the attitude that she should choose for herself an not let people decide for her or not care what people think. I mean its pathetic if your asking me how many girls(guys to) worry about will there clothes turn a guy on. I read some of those and say what the heck. It seams like some girls do everything in there day to please a guy.

Maybe ime old fashioned but does anyone agree?

Most Helpful Girl

• HAHA dude I know right! I don't answer the dumb ones like that very often.

What Girls Said 7

• I agree to an extend...yes the fashion and all that superficial stuff totally unneeded if a man likes you he will like you for you...but at the same time most people have a lot of confusion about the opposite sex I am 27 years old dated plenty of men and still don't understand them I am more than capable to make up my own decision but its nice to hear others input or get an understanding of a man...I do have a daughter and neices who I have practically raised and I know there will be times they don't feel comfortable to come to me about sex or relationships and its nice to know there are options out there maybe not the most responsible of options but options whenever I see young girls on here I always try to answer responsibly

• I think it's more old fashioned for girls to constantly seek a guy's approval since women were pretty dependent upon men in the past...

Anyway, I agree with you. I know that everyone looks for approval from others at some point and we all want the person we're interested in to find us attractive, but you can't live for everyone else. It's one thing to make compromises for the person that you're with (or want to be with), it's another to let them dictate every little thing that you do.

• You are 100% correct. I believe you should try to make your partner happy, but don't make your whole life about pleasing a guy. It is sad how obsessed some women get about pleasing men. You never see men getting that obsessed. I think women need to learn to have life outside of men & not put so much worth on whether a guy approves of them or not. I don't personally care if a man approves of me, unless we are talking about Jesus. Besides God, the only person I'm trying to impress is myself. I will never compromise myself just to make another person happy.

• I completely agree. Girls dress in the craziest and most uncomfortable things. They do the stupidest stuff to get attention. I def don't dress up for a guy because you come to find out that if their worth your time it won't matter.

• Yeh, something about the word "tight" in "tight jeans" makes me wonder how comfortble they can be

• haha I've tried them on and its def not

• LOL, I could only imigane, when you have to pull them up an strugle to get them over your but yeh I don't see how they could be lol

• I've noticed the same kinds of questions and wonder where this need for approval comes from.

I was lucky enough to have a mom who raised me right. I just hope I can do as good a job as she did.

• i agree, a girl should definitely spend time on herself, take care of herself and try to be at her best most times, because she is worth it and important enough for the effort.

when a girl takes time and care of herself, it teaches her not to expect anything less than time and effort from a suitor.

however, the standards she sets for herself when maintaining this should please her within herself. it is never a womans job to please every guy she walks by with her looks

• Of course girls want to get attention and approval from guys, it makes them feel good. Even though their self-satisfaction and confidence should come from within, a lot of times it doesn't and they seek validation from guys. Myself included.

I'm going to raise my future daughter to be independent.

What Guys Said 3

• I agree... you agree...

BUT... your wife, the kids mother, will feed her "secret info", as will YOUR mom, yoru sister, etc etc... all behind your back.

women that grow up in the country, hanging out with brothers and mostly boys... tend to act more level-headed, the way we men look at it... and to be more self sufficient, and not care as much what others think...

but even then, the discover one day they have "power" over all men around them if they are pretty. *shrugs* happens to the best of them...

• Dude I agree, if your gonna have a kid, regardless of gender they should learn to think for themselves and do things which make themselves happy. If you don't want to do something then you shouldn't have to. Kids these days dress in terrible clothes and are obsessed with looking "sexy" or "hot"...this is wrong it takes away there individual persons...it's like a herd of young slutty kids...terrible really...

• I agree.