If a guy doesn't have long hair and wears clothes of metal bands would you think he's a poser?

The problem for me is that I have thinning hair and its slowly starting to look like James Gandolfini's. And because of that I've been wearing hats. I think that if I wear clothes of metal bands that people will think I'm being a poser and I don't want to give off that vibe. I was thinking maybe I should just wear clothes of rock bands.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys I know who are into metal have short/shaved hair now. Just the way it's gone; besides, it's not about looking like a poser - it's about what you like, and what you're comfortable wearing. The only way really, that you'd come across as a 'poser' is if you didn't have a clue about the band you were sporting - and were just wearing the shirt because you thought it made you look cool.

Long hair or short hair, it doesn't matter, if you're into metal, or rock, and you want to show that through your clothes, do it.

What Girls Said 6

• no lol I know a few rockers that have short hair.. in some cases guys just look better with short hiar. if you can pull off long hair rock it.. if you can pull off short hair rock it ha ha f*** what everyone else thinks you know who you are you know what you like

• Just shave your head (advice for all men with thinning hair)...and as for band t-shirts..wear the bands you listen to...not the ones whose picture you like the best...fgs, ad least that shouldn't be such a problem!

• some people over do it interms of the 'look of metal" but I think it really only matters if you have a good kowledge of the music! the way metal heads dress is a long history!

• I hate long hair, it makes men look like women. Also, men don't know how to care of their long hair, & it just makes them look like inmature pot heads...

• Wow, thanks for stereotyping everybody into one big group. There are men out there who have long hair AND know how to take care of it.

• Dear, I'm just saying what it "looks" like, sorry if I don't find long hair attractive on men.

• It's now how you dress or look that defines you. It's your actions. I'm sure you're knowledgeable about metal music so you're fine.

• Well to start with... What style are you trying to recreate?

• I just want to wear shirts of my favorite metal bands with the pants that I have which are windbreakers,dark blue jeans,cargo blue jeans that has a faded white color,Levis 514 in black,black cargo jeans with a white faded color and Mecca jeans that's kind of like this link but its a lighter color and its wrinkled and it kind of looks old.

• I'm not trying to go for any particular style. I just want to have my own style.

• I'm sure you will be fine :) I have friends who are into metal and have their hair short :)

What Guys Said 10

• If you are being a poser, they are being superficial ingrate low-lifes.

It's not all about the hair, it's about your knowledge, obsession, and lifestyle. Some kid can have long hair and no clue what the scene is all about. Hair should be irrelevant. Social stigmas against people who have a life outside the metal scene are bogus and juvenile.

• I am a metalhead, and I have a few band shirts (four of them, to be exact) in my wardrobe. Of course, they're all black, and since I am absolutely terrible with heat, wearing them in the summer is a huge no-no for me. I also don't have long hair for a multitude of reasons (Heat-o-phobia, the fact that I think it would look stupid on me, etc.).

Basically, I go by the "If it feels good, wear it" mentality, which means I will spend about 10-11 months in any given Wisconsin year wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Nobody will mistake me for a poser with that kind of style. :P

Just go with what you like and run with it.

• Thats probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You don't have to have long hair to listen to metal. Part of the "metal image" is not giving a f*** what other people think. If you want to wear the shirts of bands that you like then why should it matter what your hair looks like. Come on, Kerry King is bald.

• I know about the bald guys in metal. Its just that I don't want to shave off the rest of the hair that I have left. So some people will think that since I'm not bald like Kerry King or have long hair that I'm not a metalhead. And the fact that I wear shirts like As I Lay Dying and have short hair people would think I'm a poser and won't believe me if I say that I like bands like Anthrax.

• On top of that he has hiss head tattooed

• @Asker not everyone is going to believe you like what you like and that is alright. Let them not believe you. Who cares.

• metal is not about image at all, I have long hair, just because I want to be different, but I'm the only one of my "metalhead" friends that has long hair, but if you care that much about it, shave it, phil anselmo from pantera looked totally bad ass with a shaved head, all the guys from hatebreed have shaved heads pretty much, shaved head and bald look just as brutal as long hair, maybe grow a beard too.

• Just be yourself, dude. You shouldn't even wear the shirts if you don't want to.

I was a heavy metal guy, and I had long hair, but I didn't dress like one... I just dressed like myself, and wore normal clothes that I felt comfortable in. Nobody judged me, and in fact, a lot of people thought I was more metal for not giving a crap what they thought about how I looked.

• honestly how you look doesn't make you a poseur. It's the fact that you're worried that other people think you're a poseur.

• Its just that I feel that people will give me dirty looks and say things behind my back and call me a poser just because I don't fit into the stereotype. I don't care if they don't believe that I like metal. I just don't want to get dirty looks from people when I'm wearing shirts like As I Lay Dying for example. And then if I tell the person I like bands like Vader and Meshuggah they won't believe me. And that's annoying. There are metalheads out there that are like that.

• true and those people are wanna-be's. Seriously it has nothing to do with how you look, but more of your passion for the music and how you handle yourself.

I'm in a metal band (grunge metal actually) and my guitarist has short hair, wears blazers and works in an office. yet he is the most metal guy out of all of us.

• I usually do roll my eyes a bit, inside, when I see it, and I think he's either a poser or just a pussy. But I wouldn't condemn him, hahaha. Like if your not a poser or a p**** that's cool. Hell, if they're good metal bands, not like Metallica or Trivium, its awesome.

What metal band shirts do you want?

• Lol, I've never seen a thread where everyone had a brilliant f***ing answer.

• who cares?... a guy should go with what makes him feel the best... that's what women want anyway... they aren't concerned too much with how big your boobs are ... if it amplifies your confidence.. wear a burlap sack.. and that is my answer to that

• There are guys in metal bands who are bald those with long hair and anywhere in between

• There is no requirement as far as looks go to be considered metal. Metal is about having a good time, and saying screw you to the ones who tried to put you down and say you are nothing.

• im a metal head but you wouldn't know by the way I look. I don't believe music has a "look". music is music man, not a style