Are you happy with your looks?

Do you wish you could be more attractive? I know lots would say "of course"...but do you really want that? How much do you think about it? Do you feel jealous or insecure of those better looking than you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, so I used to be chubby in my HS years and as soon as I got to college: BAM. Sexy people to my left and right and I was starting to feel insecure. SO what did I do? I worked out and I attained a modest 6 pack and improved my looks. Because of doing that, I normally catch myself comparing and contrasting with other men I see. And that does lead to jealousy and insecurity, yes.

Overall, I'm happy with my looks but I'm not happy with always having to update my looks. Getting eye attention from girls/guys is fine because everyone at some point wants to be desired, right? Don't think too much about who's watching. =P

What Guys Said 3

• No, I'm not jealous of other people's looks much. I'm more jealous of the fact that "someone actually finds them attractive", haha. Anyways, I am almost happy with my looks, but I kinda want brown eyes (currently they are green). I've been thinking about getting brown contacts for like 6 years, as people seem to dislike green eyes - and I have a preference for brown as well, so I'm not surprised about that at all.

At least I don't have any issues with anything else about my looks. :)

• wow, very interesting. I've never heard anyone say they dislike green eyes before. I have brown eyes and my guy has brown eyes but I didn't choose him base on his eye color... but that is very interesting.

• Green eyes are nice

• I'm 30 years old and I think I look better now than I did when I was younger in my opinion, which definitely means I took after my dad. I'm not trying to be a male model or anything (wouldn't even be one if I could), and I don't get insecure when a good looking guy is near me at all. Overall I'm happy with the way I look and the only thing I'd want to change is my financial situation, which I'm about 7 months away from accomplishing the first major part of that goal.

• From time to time I think about it. Lets face facts people that the public deems as beautiful get away with a lot of things that people that are just average looking can't get away with. I can't really change the way I look maybe my style but not my physical features.

What Girls Said 9

• I wish I had perfect skin.

I have acne scars and acne.

I also have really puffy under eye circles.

I keep asking my guy to let me get skin peels or whatever but he says no...

we'll see about that. I"m in my mid 20s and I think better skin will give me a confidence boost!

• I, personally, always feel insecure.

Rarely do I feel comfortable in my own skin & it has caused me to grow to hate my body.

I'm trying to do better and think healthy. Also, I'm trying to accept that I am the way/ who I am for a reason & no one's opinion of that is gonna change who I am as a person on the inside.

But when it comes to other people I think everyone has their own unique features. I do believe that. & what the world views as "beauty" I see it as masks, trying to portray to us this image in our mind of what beauty is supposed to look like. It's the simplicities of a person that make up their characteristics to who they are..

Now if only I could somehow learn to feel this way about myself too.

• I'm perfectly content with the way I look. I'd honestly rather be considered attractive mainly based on my attitude and personality...so I think much more on how to improve those than focusing just on physical appearance.

And no I don't feel jealous or insecure. We all have our good points and bad points. If someone is really pretty then I'll just admire the looks...and the person if they prove to have a good personality.

• I'm always going to think there are people (women) A LOT better than myself out there. And I'm never going to eb the most attractive. But I have to realize I am who I am, this is the way I was born this is the way I look.

I agree with the first guy that commented, I'm jealous that a lot of people find them attractive, because that's all its really about isn't it? being attractive FOR SOMEONE ELSE. so that said, all I want is not to change my looks or go on being sad about the way I look, but find someone that finds me attractive the way I am and live happily ever after with them, hehe. As long as I'm loved and desired,m that's all I want.

• I'm forcing myself to be honest with myself, when I'm in the mall and am walking near a chick that is everything I want to be, tall, tanned, stylish etc etc you know them when you see them, I get jealous, not fuming jealous just like argh! GO AWAY WITH YA HOT SELF! *frown* then *pout*.

THA truth lol, but most of the time my original statement is the stakeholder

• I absolutely LOVE the way I look (: but that's just because I'm like the perfect mixture of my mom and dad, and I'm the skinny and pretty one of the family, so I'm totally happy with my looks, because I know I could look worst so I'm thankful I look the way I do, I mean, yeah, there are those times where I see prettier girls but I get over it quickly

• ive asked myself the same question. I used to feel insecure about my looks, personally acne is my worst enemy and in certain areas you could say some girls have "a better body". but in reality I've asked many guys and I've gotten the same response.. don't focus on looks! many guys want a girl that's comfortable in her own skin, I am now and ever since I forgot about acne and etc. the guys came running in (; just be confident and you'll be fine!

• I'm not perfect, that's for sure. But there's no way I'm going to ruin my own life because I have flaws just like everybody else.

I'm not jealous of better looking girls. I just find them pretty/hot . And here I am thinking like a guy again lol.

• Definitely jealous of better looking girls but I understand I'm never going to be the prettiest girl alive

• i think I'm a pretty girl but I would be much happier with my looks if my hair was longer, thicker and prettier, and I was 40 pounds lighter. I do think in spite of that I am still pretty but I just wonder how pretty I would be with those things fixed. probably really beautiful. I do feel a tinge of jealousy to girls I think are prettier than me, but it just motivates me to improve my current looks. I think about it a lot. but then again, I realize that I am blessed and that I could have it much worse so I try not to trip out too much.