I am always trying to be perfect in everything. Do you think I am crazy?!

The problem is that I am always trying to be perfect in everything. For example at school, I have to be the best student. I also trying to be the best looking person. I mean always control my weight and so on. Another thing, that I wanna be perfect even with bf(I think, If I don't look good or something, he gonna left me..) I really don't know how to stop this. All the time I feel like I am pushing myself to much for some unreal goal) That's hard, but I can't help it(

Most Helpful Girl

• it's great to have high standards for yourself, just recognize there is a healthy limit to this. e.g, studies have shown individuals who display high levels of perfectionism are at high risk for developing body image issues such as anorexia. so let your hair down once in a while :3

What Guys Said 1

• Perfectionism is not an uncommon trait to have. Just know that if you aspire to be perfect in every thing you do, you may well never end up even getting halfway. Rather than think about how the ideal should be, focus on how you do things, even if you get a wonky job done.

What Girls Said 2

• realize that you will never be the best. the sooner you acccept that, the happier you'll be.

• No, you're not crazy, you're just a perfectionist. Just learn to set realistic goals for yourself and not to be too disappointed if things don't go how you planned. It's going to take some time.