I'm thinking of getting a tattoo?

I would like it on my lower back, but I am not a tramp and I hate when girls get stereotyped because of that. Any opinions out there?

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm going to tell you like I told someone else on here, no matter what you get SOMEONE is going to be there to say, "that's the trashiest thing I've ever seen in my entire life how does she look herself in the mirror every morning?" then there's going to be someone who wants to stop and talk to you about it and tell you, "ohhh!did it hurt?! I'm planning on getting one but I'm not sure what I want and I'm kind of scared.is it true that you can't get the drugs during labor if you have it?" and all the common conversation about that kind of tattoo.

you're going to have both parties ALWAYS clicking in your ear so unless you're ready to take on, "woww she's a total tramp" in one ear and "how cute did it hurt" in the other, then I wouldn't get it. you can't defend yourself to each person that sees it and it isn't like you can get it, then after awhile, if you don't like the attention go wash it off in the bathroom. I have 4 tattoos all under my hip under my panty line and at one point had 6piercings. all of my tattoos are only revealed if I want them to be revealed FOR THAT REASON. they don't hangout of my pants (SOME people can get away with that) but there are people I see and places I go where I don't want it to be seen. my grandmother didn't know for 4yrs that I even had one. she was one of the people I tried hiding it from because she's 110% against tattoos. she has no idea my cousin has it because she has hers in the same spot. the only reason my grandmother found out was because someone that knew about them told her. I got the tattoos for me, not for everybody else so I pretty much said, "f*** what you think it's my body." I got my nipples pierced twice (took them out so I only have my ears done now) and had my tummy awhile but when you have something like that done, you have to accept there will always be someone that loses respect for you just because of your piercings or just because of your tattoos and will say, "wow that's so trashy." if you can't then I don't recommend getting it. personally, I can't believe I put all those holes in my body but I don't regret it. until you're done saying, "but I'm not a tramp" I REALLY wouldn't get it. that's one of the reasons I took out my nipple rings, I was tired of fighting with both parties. that was another reason I got it done twice. I missed having it but then remembered why I didn't want them in. you can have every person on this site tell you what you should or shouldn't do but at the end of the day, you'll be the one looking at it for the rest of your life and dealing with people talking about it (good or bad) so go with your gut whatever it's telling you. good luck:)

• Yup people are gonna judge you regardless of what you do so why even worry about it

• no sh*t, but with tattoos it's different and in this ENTIRE paragraph I JUST SAID if she wasn't ready for that judgement then don't get it. personally, I don't think she is, otherwise she wouldn't have had to ask but I'm not her only she would know.EVERYBODY judges, you're right, but when you have a tattoo, people look at your tattoo then determine what kind of person you are based on your tattoo and where it is. THAT'S where her problem is.

• she wants a tattoo in a place where a lot of people will look at her and go, "bull's eye" when they're looking to get laid so you have to understand, judgement based on a tattoo on your lower back where people think you're a slut before even meeting you and judgement based on how you act and/or talk are TOTALLY different things.

What Guys Said 2

• ... well...

what do you want exactly?

• you may got the tatto on any part of body

What Girls Said 5

• I don't see a point in getting a "tramp" stamp especially if you're between the ages of "25 to 29"

Dress as you want to be perceived,act as how you want others to perceive you.You understand the stereotype so don't get butthurt if people don't like it.

• I'm not against tattoos at all. I want one too. But if you are worried about being labeled maybe consider a wardrobe change so when you bend down your clothes will cover your back so nobody sees. Also you could look into a smaller tattoo so it would be less noticeable. Or you could relocate your choice of where to put it all together. I would recommend a hip where it is doubtful to be seen (it's also where I want mine) so you won't have to worry about people stereotyping you on the spot.

• i see nothing wrong with it :)

• get one whereever you like. you have to live with it

• Who cares what other people think? If you want a tattoo, get it.