Why do people care about MY hair?

I am 18 and I have been wearing an Afro since I was 14 and everybody I meet asks me why don't I get a perm. The answer is always because I don't want to and because I like my Afro just fine. They don't get it and they look at me like I'm some kind of freak for not doing what every one else is doing. Or they say I would look prettier if I had a perm. These are girls talking too not the guys..Why is everyone so fascinated with MY hair? It is MY hair isn't it?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• i have the same "problem".

i get some gd comments thu. but the other day in vegas, one drunk guy stopped me and shouted: "are serious with that fro? reall?" I started to think abt it after that moment of embarrassment.

• Hater! I dnt like people like tht ..it is a little awkward but they need to get over it

• i know how you feel. Keep the fro, girls love them!

What Girls Said 3

• Havent had anyone say this. But when I was on the creamy crack I said this to a girl because I was young and naive and its one thing I wish I could take back. I now love my afro and everyone seems to love it, even guys, so don't let that discourage you. Love yourself and love your hair because its honestly a beautiful and unique thing darlin'. =)

• I don't know what people say that. Afros are awesome. Rock the pro 'fro! ( I always wanted to touch one but no one lets me! :/)

• yeah us fro people are touchy because once we get it a certain way we don't want nobody to mess it up lol sorry

• I let people touch mine but they hafta be careful. But some random people like to be funny and try to smush it down, NOT COOL GUYS xD

• Yeah it's your hair. Style it or don't style it however you like.