Bad hair problems, advice?

Not only is it dry but its broken,split and damaged!I've been coloring my hair since I was 9. Bright red, blond,black,purple,pink and blue. I have hair down a little farther than my belly button. With layers and side swept bangs. And the condition is horrible! And I know there's gonna be so many comments saying "well maybe if you stopped coloring it!' No! Not true ha ha I stopped coloring it for a year straight! Nothing!, only got worse. Now I have like a fro when I wake up so I'm huge on curling, straightening, blow dryers all that chizz. So I was thinking is HAS to be from all the heat. But I cannot give it up nor cut my hair short or any of that. So I was wondering what do you think I should do?! Is there any gental expensive curling irons, rollers, straighter that will help with not damaging it. I have a 400$ stightner and I ALWAYS make sure my hair is 100% dry, and always use heat protection. Once I week I do conditioning masks and wraps and stuff no change! I get it trimmed often also any good products/leave-in conditioners/masks anything please help me heehaw thank you!

thanks to all your great answers its still the same length, pink,red and blue and HEATHY! yay :)

Most Helpful Girl

• did you try all the stuff at the store? Why don't you google the best leave in conditioner or go and try some at the store. I would recommend trying v05 because I think they make some good ones, but it's up to you to try and see if it works on your hair. They are reasonable price so it shouldn't be too pricey for you. Also I would try to look into pantene proV because they have some good ratings to their reasonable price products. Try to do it for a few minutes a day every other day and see if it works out. Also I think you can try to stop using an flatening iron and try using that frizz ease product along with a huge round brush and a blow dryer. with the frizz ease (which I love!), you will have super silky hair and bouncy unlike straightening it with a straightener which for me it takes out the bouncy ness. well good luck. I hate short hair and don't think I would ever cut off my hair because I look funny in it but if it is your last resort, yeah cut off your damage hair and let the new hair grow in.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• have you tried to use some conditioner? my hair before looks unhealthy then I tried using conditioner turn out smooth and silky it looks perfectly great. or try going to salon for rebonding..

• Sorry girl, if you want it to improve for good you gon' have to cut it!

• you'll have to cut it and stop rolling/straightening/colouring your hair, leave it natural until it's recovered.

• Since your hair is so incredibly damaged you need to stop using all heating tools for a bit. After you shower, use some Redken Anti-Snap serum or Chi Silk Reconstructing solution (I swear by these). They make your hair look SOOOO much healthier, smoother, shinier.

And once the quality of your hair improves you can start using styling tools again. I recommend a ghd straightener. I have 1 and it was $185 online but I got it off eBay for $105. It's the best hair straightener out there. Seriously. Good luck.