Why are so many people from hot places asking how to dress in colder places?

I've seen three posts based on people who have since moved from the south to the north (which I have lived my entire life) and they have no idea what they should be wearing. ummm helllllllllooooooo. we have this thing called snow, you ever heard of it. just freaking wear pants, sweatshirts, and jackets. the more layers the better. sorry girls, its kind of hard to "look cute" in the winter, when its below freezing. layers of clothes, is all you need

Most Helpful Guy

• You gotta realize that acclimation plays a part in it as well, I went out this morning with just a hooded sweatshirt and it is about 12 degrees with a wind. while someone from down south would need a coat if it gets below 50. So these people who aren't used to cold find themselves having to bundle up like crazy cause they are not used to it, and they wonder how we tough northerners even survive in this crap.

What Girls Said 1

• I have a friend who moved from California to Pennsylvania (where I live) for school and she never needed boots, a winter jacket, a scarf, anything like that. She asked me where she could buy clothes like that! I was definitely shocked. She also said she'd never seen snow before, only on TV. I can believe it. So strange.

What Guys Said 1

• snow melts and soaks your clothes. That was my main concern. Also to many layers and you'll burn up so knowing exactly how cold it gets is kinda important. I wore wool socks and combats the other days and my feet felt like they would catch fire. It' just people trying to be prepared for something that they're not used to. No need to be a d*ck about it.