What things can you not bear to watch in films?

Are there any types of scenes in films, such as violent or gruesome scenes, that you either cannot watch, or that disturb you after watching?

Have you ever watched a scene and been really disturbed by it afterwards?

And if a scene really disturbs you, what do you think of people who can watch that and not be to bothered by it?

Thanks in advance...

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mind and can quite enjoy simulated actual violence (Pulp Fiction, The Sopranos etc), but I don't enjoy simulated fantasy gore (Saw etc). I don't fully understand why they cause different reactions in me, as they are clearly related.

I am made angry by scenes of some types of prejudice (eg how the "prawns" are treated in District 9, the brutality of the Nazis in Inglorious Basterds - but the mass cremation at the end does not evoke sympathy).

I am disturbed by some p0rn (reactions like why did she mutilate herself with those implants?).

What Guys Said 9

• I can watch a lot and not be affected by it. I really don't like watching things where people are about to make giant fools of themselves. One gory scene that stuck with me was a scene in hostel 2 I think where a lady goes into a room with a large tub beneath a woman hanging chained up. The first lady takes a scythe and basically fills the tub with blood and bathes in it. Stuff like that which are unnecessarily gruesome and grotesque are to me pointless and not even worth spending my time watching.

• I'm not bothered by violence and gruesome things in movies. I mean things make me cringe like no other like that body twister thing in Saw III, when the one guy gets slowly stabbed in Saving Private Ryan (at the end), things like that. But otherwise I'm fine.

What I can't stand are cliche actors. The helicopter pilot from Avatar is like that, a lot of Will Smith's movies, anything Martin Lawrence. Just anything cliche, predictable, not authentic, and unoriginal is stupid to watch.

I don't mind when a good character dies. I hate it, but it really makes the story seem more dramatic deep down.

• i don't care about gore and violence, but I can't stand happy endings.

• the only thin I ever remember being disturbed by was the horse scene in "the ring" and the freaking little kid also in "the ring"

I can't really think of any movie that scared me or anything that was to nasty to look at tbh

I actually am always looking for a good movie that can scare me or at least make me tense cause I normally just laugh ;/

• Eye injuries and sustained melodrama.

• I hate scenes where the perfectly good and innocent people die. I get so fustrated at the murderers and I think about it for ages even after the movie. But after a rant about it I feel a bit better ^-^ So maybe try telling someone that you're comfortable telling it to. People who aren't bothered by it I may be alittle bit vexed at, depending on how bad the scene is. But if they laugh at those scenes I'm more fustrated at them then the murderers.

• I recently watched a film where a guy got shot through the head and that is something that has bothered me to the point of being unable to eat for 4 days now and even being sent home from work for getting upset about it! My boyfriend wasn't too bothered by it, he said it's not nice to watch, but it doesn't overly bother him... And I struggle to accept that it can not really bother him too much because for me it's so deeply disturbing!

• XD only just read your more recent comments. I'm confused but you'll know who I mean when I said "he" hopefully.

• Yeah! lol

• the saw movies kinda bug me, just cause like the people are like doing it to themselves pretty much but it never bothers me afterward. I really don't think anything of people who can watch it, they just like different types of movies.

• Nothing. I've never been disturbed by a movie. lol I've never had an OMG get that off the screen moment.

• Lol, you made a question eaaaarlier...

• lol Yeah I did, but I haven't had much luck with replies! Thanks for yours though! :o)

• Awh your welcome ^_^

What Girls Said 6

• i hate to watch when innocent people die... when good people die like so the bad guy goes to jail.. for example in gran torino clint eastwood dies so the gang goes to jail and can't bother Thao anymore.. that movie always gets under my skin.. and any movie about animals getting hurt I just start bawling.. can't take those either especially the animal shelter commercials

• I hate watching all horror movies, sometimes I think they're really interesting but they scare the hell out of me, can't sleep for night after it. Also violence against animals if horrible.

I usually don't mind if people can watch those scenece, after all it's just a movie. But I sometimes wonder how any sane people can actually enjoy movies like 'saw' or 'hostel'

• executions are particularly hard. it's something about knowing that the character knows they're about to die...i also hate un-necessary slow motion (think any Mission Impossible movie)

• The lead up to a scary scene..like.. you know something is gonna pop out or something, I hate that kind of anticipation, makes me feel sick lol.I cover my eyes sometimes.

• torture scenes

rape scenes

• I hate watching rape scenes, they just make me feel uncomfortable :/ I've never been raped but whenever I see a scene like that I could imagine being in their position and all of a sudden I get really angry.