I need some Shaving tips?

How do you keep from getting razorburn, or ingrown hairs. Help

0|0
5|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Choose your shaving cream wisely. For this sensitive body zone be sure to get and use a good shaving cream or gel, using soap is definitely out.

Don’t skimp on your razor. Stay clear of the straight, cheap disposables or you'll be asking for cuts and nicks. Instead use a razor with a pivoting head and multiple blades to give you a smooth, close shave. My pick Schick Quattro for women.

Give a haircut. Trim hair down first as short as possible by placing comb flat on the skin and trim over comb with scissors, or with clippers using the shortest guard. The less hair you start out with means less use of your razor.

Take a warm shower or bath. At least 5-10 minutes of the heat will soften skin and relax the hair follicle.

Exfoliate. Rid dead skin cells and provide a closer shave by using a mild exfoliator or your favorite body wash with an Ayate washcloth on your pubic area.

Dab on some shaving oil. Working as a barrier on your skin, the razor will glide easier instead of dragging and moisturize skin. It also helps prevent razor burn, general irritation and ingrown hairs.

Apply shaving cream or gel. Make sure skin is damp but not overly wet. If you have a shaving brush, work the product with the brush in circles to help lift hair and get a closer shave.

Shave. Using a fresh blade, first go in the same direction of hair growth and then in opposite direction while holding skin taut. Don't go over the same area too many times.

Rinse. In between strokes, be sure to rinse blade. A clogged razor won’t work well.

Cleanse. Rinse pubic area and pat dry with towel.

Moisturize. Apply a light, preferably unscented lotion.

Fight redness. Women shaving their pubic hair have a tendency for getting ingrown hairs. Flawless Ingrown Hair Serum can help with bumps, redness and ingrown hairs.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Shave in, or right after, a hot shower.. It's the same concept as applying a warm wash cloth to the area you're shaving. I can't explain why but I can say it works.

~ ArtistBBoy

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Before you get started, gently scrub your skin to help remove dead skin. Shaving after a warm shower really is the right way to go lol Your pores will be open and your hair will be soft. Try to use a sharp new razor and throw away any dull ones. Wet your skin and lather with cream or gel. Soap will dry out your skin and might cause irritation. Shave [ with ] the flow of your hair and not against it, making sure to do so in short strokes. Rinse after each stroke. After you're done, just wash off the cream/gel and put some lotion on to keep your skin soft.

A trick for your razor is to dip it in rubbing alcohol after you rinse it off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shave when in the shower, use shaving cream made for that area of our body, and shave in the direction the hair lays. I always try to use a good moisturiser after showering and drying off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try shaving cream, do it in the shower/tub. Feel your legs to see if you missed a spot and when you get out of the shower/tub put lotion on your legs so that your legs don't dry out and they well be extra smooth.

0|0
    0|0
  • Use shaving cream that's made for your pubes, it seriously works a lot better. jenna jameson has a brand out called coochie cream, you can order it on amazon.

0|0
    0|0