Girls, do you think tattoos/piercing make you more attractive?

When I was younger I thought tattoos were cool. But now I a bit older I really DISLIKE them. They send a very strong message and are permanent. I've met girls who would be so beautiful if they didn't choose to destroy their skin. I had an ex girlfriend that could have modeled for cosmopolitan if it wasn't for her decision to get into tattoos/piercings.

But that's my opinion.

• Yes
  • No
this my opinion, it just my opinion. Respect mine and I will respect yours. I have known tattoo aficinados and tattoos artists (people have run ink studios) for years. They are good people and normal people.
To be a 100% honest the I think tattoos are constured as TRASHY and GHETTO. I know too many people who fall into the lower socio economic bracket and are "white trash" who are really into tattoos. If you start saying "f*** you" to me
that all you are doing is proving my point. This represents the american white trash culture that I am absolutely disgusted with. I'm not saying that all tattooed people are bad...
but I just know too many people who live up to the stereotype and are coincidentally really into ink. Again it's just my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think of tats or piercings as 'taking away' from the body. I don't think there's anything wrong with or unattractive about the human body in its natural state. But I think of them as adornment. Tattoos are like a picture book on the skin. Even if they don't tell a story, they're still meant for the purpose of art, and I understand and can relate to the appeal of having beautiful art on one's body forever. Piercings can be removed, and may leave a small scar. In my eyes, that's only a bad thing if you have a problem with scars. I have tons of scars, and I'm not ashamed or regretful of any of them. Scars can tell the same kind of story that tattoos do.

As for making a person more or less attractive, that varies by person and by tattoo/piercing. To me, someone having one or the other might be more attractive, for the simple fact that I can tell we share a similar interest. But I don't think I've ever looked at someone and wished they had this or that, or thought they would look so much better with THIS or THAT done. I wouldn't think someone less attractive for not having body mods. I tend to think less about my own personal ideals, and more about who each person is individually. I'd be most impressed by someone who knows what they like/believe, and chooses to live by that, because it's how THEY want to live, regardless of approval from others, but also with respect to others who choose to live differently than THEIR ideals.

• I don't like tattoos...but you put a lot of thought and tact into that response and I respect it.

• Thank you, I appreciate that. =] A very important part of my philosophy is to put myself in others' shoes and try to understand different views, whether I agree with them or not. Things like this are multi-faceted, so I believe that only seeing one side of an issue while refusing to see others, is having a limited view of a whole, and all-around ill-informed. I have my own opinions, but I still seek to understand how or why someone else might feel differently. I'm pretty tactful by nature, lol.

What Girls Said 20

• i personally don't like tattoos and wouldn't get 1 but belly/naval piercings are quite sexy and that's quite nice..but more than that..it wouldn't suit me.

• chillll we get it *puts hands up palms facing outward* you don`t like tatoos, its cool

• I don't think that it would necessarily make me more attractive, just give a different. I got my belly button pireced, but that was for me. I personally don't think I would get a tattoo because I'm worried how it would look when I'm older and its permanent. Also I love lip pircings but wouldn't get one because It isn't really me. It's not to look better, just to show your personality more.

• There should be an option which says depends what kind

My mother got my ears pierced when I was really young < that's it and no tattoos but I would love to get one on my hip and above my ankle but I doubt I will

• I love tattoos. They are works of art and I think it makes a lot of people very attractive. It depends on the person who you are, but, look at media and how they hype tattoos. Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox. It's only human nature to think it would make someones body more beautiful.

• I personally love guys with some tattoos but not too many...mayb on his arms.Some guys look great on it but some might look dirty and messy.Guys with tattoos look like a real man to me...but I can't speak for all girls;)

• I honestly think that people can be extreamly close minded, just because they see it in a certain way that means it has to be bad? No one is alike and everybody is more unique than a thumb print, why waste your precious life that you have in this world on labeling something "trashy" just because you don't like it. Learn to look with your heart and understand just because I don't like it doesn't mean it's bad, because that person right then and there is perfectly happy being just who they are. :-)

• i have little romantic interest in women but I most certainly have a sexual one. I find women with absolutely no body mods and flawless skin (i'm not talking about eyebags, I mean scars and stuff) and women with many piercings and tattoos very sexy (scars and scarification are 'whatevs' to me).

all out or nothing for me. I don't particularly dig a half hearted attempt of four or five regular ear piercings.

these are just bonuses though. a beautiful lady is a beautiful lady.

• I voted no because I don't think they make you more attractive. But they don't turn me off. I have multiple ear piercings just because I think it looks cool and I probably will get a tattoo of wings on my back when I am older... I defiantly do not fit under the category of 'white trash". It is safe to say that "white trash' have tattoos but not all people with tattoos are 'white trash'.

• you might not be white trash. I used to train mma with a lot of people who had lots of ink, but are not white trash. BUT they are perceived by many people as so. As you get older you will learn perception is reality. Not fair, but its true. People will judge/treat you differently on your appearance.

• I said yes but I think it depends on the tastefulness of the tattoo/piercing. I recently got a small stud nose piercing that I really like and I think some tattoos are pretty as long as they're not like cartoons or something stupid like stars and hearts. It should be something meaningful or at least cool like something tribal lol

• depends on the tattoo/piercing and how they look on a guy.

• i like tattoos but I'm a wuss honestly and I hate needles. that and they get to be pretty expensive and I can use that money for more practical things.

• I have 5 tats, and I only got them because they mean something to me. I don't care what people say about them, they are special to me.

• Piercings over the age of 22-23 look a bit immature on any person. However tattoos- if they are tasteful- neever look too bad. Except when skin sags and they are unintelligible...

• Nah. It's like saying "ask me about my mental illness."

• lol. I will have to remember that one.

• i don't want any tattoos but I do like piercings, I'm going to get my nose pierced.

i love tattoos on guys but not so much piercings. I want a guy that's covered in tatts, I think it looks sexy. I don't care about a socio-economic bracket as long as he looks good and I like him. I'd rather date a guy I like from the ghetto than a stuck up guy I was bored by from the upper class

• Depends where, how big they are, and what they are. If it's like an arrow pointing down at my p**** saying "insert here" that would not be attractive. But if it has special meaning, like maybe my grandmother's birth year to death year, than I think that would be really sweet. I don't have any tattoos at the moment, and I just have piercings on my ears.

• No, I don't think they're attractive. maybe fun is more suitable word. suitable for younger girls to have fun. Also, I don't want to ruin my skin.

• I think that both tattoos and piercings can be nice if they add not distract from you. I have a tattoo and plan to get one more and have a couple of piercings too, however all can be shown or hidden whenever I want. And the tat is simple and meaningful to me (external seam-line script from hip to mid-thigh) which matches my body type- tall and slender. So I think that in addition to meaning something, it adds a little. You really can only see it when I am in shorts or a swim suit though.

I think that both tats and piercings are easily overdone. It is definitely not a case of when a little is good a lot is better, they are a garnish, not the main dish!

• Yes. That's exactly why I have two tattoos. Because I was naive enough to believe that getting something permanently drawn on your skin would make me cool. -_- Not.

I don't give a f*** what people think about my tattoos. I love the placement, the design, the overall look and I feel sexy when they're showing. Will I feel this way in 40 years? Probably. But everyone changes their mind, so I could always receive laser treatment to remove them and problem solved.

There's such a stigma with body art (piercings, tattoos, etc) it astounds me. People need to find something better to bitch about. It's not hurting anyone by expressing yourself.

What Guys Said 4

• Its doesn't make people without tattoo/piercings less attractive if it made those that have it attractive...i like tattoo but I don't have one...

• yes, but tasteful ones.

A tasteful/personal tattoo or a good piercing is pretty.

• Depends on the person. Some people/styles- yes. Generally no.

• bimbos