Hairstyle Advice Please?

I want to update my style a little as my current hair style (or lack there of) leaves me looking like a 12 year old instead of a 4th year college student.

I have blond hair that goes about 10 inches past my shoulders with no layers. My hair is REALLY thick and I have a lot of it. I have an oval shaped face with fuller cheeks. I look all-american/sweet/innocent so an edgy style would not suit me. I do not want short bangs. I can only have a straight style as my hair refuses to curl and I would prefer something relatively low-maintenance and long (at least shoulder length).

What style do you guys think I should go for? If you could include pictures it would be much appreciated. Sorry I can't post pictures of myself because I don't have any recent ones.

Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Adding some layers would give you a more mature look instead of just having your hair all one length and super long. And if you're not into short bangs you could go with a slight side, wispy long bang that goes past your ear. Just something to add some definition to your face. If you find a good salon, you could always ask your stylist what she thinks would suit you best. Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• You are extremely lucky you have dense non layered hair. It is very conveniant for a hairstylist to mould a haircut into because it allows more options. You hair is also considerably long so its an even bigger A+

There are many edgy short hair options. Since you want a low mentainance cut, I suggest you go for a rough razor cut look. It looks cool and messy whether you style it or not, which is an advantage for you. Check out Rihanna's hairstyles on google images. They are the best example for short chic and edgy hairstyles.

You can even dye it if your parents allow you to, preferably black or strawberry blonde.

If not simply get lowlights in black to accentuate your cut.

Here are some of my picks that go along your face cut:

link

link

link

link

link

I hope this helps you out, good luck and have fun with it.

=)

What Girls Said 3

• i have really thick hair and I cut it a little below the shoulder and have a face frame and layered. my hair wouldn't curl either but I would curl it with the curling iron and then hairspray right after and it works. layered is always a cute option.

• googled these... link ... Did you find anything what you would like?

• maybe if you trim to shoulder length or maybe a little bit shorter, but you have to remember if you do cut layers then it will be even more fuller, so if you have super full hair anticipate it getting a little bigger, but last time I check really full hair looks so pretty. and if your going to cut short anyways maybe a bob angled downward toward your chin will look pretty!