Ladies how many of you like to tan?

I think girl look good with a tan

Most Helpful Girl

• I think spray tans and self-tanner tend to turn out badly on most people, streaky and uneven, or the color is just wrong. The alternative would be laying out in the sun, or tanning beds. Having dark skin isn't natural for me, and wouldn't look very good. I'd much rather protect my skin and keep it healthy. I nearly always wear sunblock, year-round, because the sun doesn't stop causing damage just because it's overcast outside. I don't want leathery skin by the time I'm 40.

So no, I won't go out of my way to get a tan. I spend a lot of time outside and get plenty of vitamin D, so if I'm having fun and forget sunblock, or forget to reapply, and end up burning, I'm not going to freak out when it peels and I end up with more freckles and slightly darker skin. It happens. By the end of Summer, my left arm always tends to be darker than my right, just from driving and needing to have the windows down.

What Girls Said 16

• I hope you think melanoma is sexy too. I'm pretty pale, the rest of my family is darker skinned.. they always make fun of me for covering up when I go out, and for avoiding too much sun exposure in general, but I prefer to be skin cancer free. I'm not a huge fan of absorbing chemicals into my skin either, so I don't like to spray tan or use that icky lotion.

• I agree with Peggelyn.

• Nope, not in the slightest. I love being pasty white. I don't wanna try my luck at skin cancer getting a real or solarium tan, and I would much prefer to be pale than orange from a fake tan. :)

• I love being pale, skin cancer is horrible and I would rather not look like a jersey shore wannabe! Natural skin color is the way to go.

• I only use tanning lotions, but I used to tan in beds and in the sun when I was younger. Stupid mistake. About two years ago I had to have skin cancer removed through surgery, which was painful and left a scar. I have to go back every year to have my body checked for abnormal skin, so all in all I decided my natural skin color was just fine.

• Ew, no.

I have a creamy/pale porcelain complexion. I make sure to avoid the sun to keep it so porcelain coloured.

• i use to love to tan back when I was a junior in high school but then I stopped because I didn't want skin cancer. I use to go to tanning beds and even did the fake tanning lotion that made me orange and gave me streaks on my skin

• I used tanning beds a couple times one summer, then came to my senses and stopped. It looked good, but it SO wasn't worth the risk of inevitable skin cancer.

• I'd rather stay alive, and preferably NOT resemble a raisin, thanks anyway.

• I don't tan...at all.

• oh gosh.i hate tans...if their skin is naturally dark, beautiful.but if not...fair skin is beautiful too, don't forget it.

• Tanning beds, tanning lotions, and spray tans. Yes but not that often ... BUT YES [=

• I like to lay out and get some color in the summer because it disappears so fast in the winter.

• spray tans of course :)

• i don't mind a tan, but I odn't go out of my way to tan

• i tan naturally in the summer, I'm persian but in winter I'm pale white

What Guys Said 1

• Tanning is dangerous for pale people, but for Mediterraneans and darker skinned people it's actually beneficial

• I don't know where you're getting that from. Darker skinned people have more of a natural barrier against UV rays, but they are still at risk. People need a little sun, but ten minutes of sun on just your forearms gives you enough vitamin D for a week. Tanning is not beneficial for anyone.

• Vitamin D is beneficial, darkening of your skin is NOT. Anytime you darken your natural skin color you are damaging the melanoma in your skin.

• omg you f***ing sissy ass girls are so over sensitive

how the f*** do you think people survived before sun lotion ?