Fashion Advice Please!

With Xmas coming up, I really want to pick up some outfits for parties and just casual ones for hanging out too.

The problem is I'm hopeless at dressing for my shape. So I was hoping I could get some help.

I'm a mid twenties girl. I'm carrying weight on my stomach and arms (though I do have skinny wrists) and I've 34DD boobs. My legs and butt however are quite slim. The fat I'm carrying seems to be on my chin, stomach and arms.

Thanks for the help in advance. Some links and / or advice would be great. I'm looking for both dresses and tops and jeans or whatever! Anything really!

P.S. I'm quite small in height, just over five foot and I've long straight brown hair.

Most Helpful Girl

• for your body type, I think these dresses would look good

formal: they hide your arms and minimize your stomach

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• ok... you have skinny legs: SHOW them! short skirts or if you don't feel so comfortable use short pants with thick (woolen) tights, most people feel more comfortable to wear boots with tthis style, but depending on the style also lower shoes or bootees go with it as well.

Simple colors, maybe a bit darker ones, on the top! Nothing what puts extra attention to your problem zones! (quillings, brooch etc. are no goes!) all though you can top up your simple top with a cool necklace.

Hair as you like it, but usually to look a bit taller, it is better to wear the hair up (oh and high heels help with that as well but you should know how to walk in them)

And VERY important: take your time when you go for shopping, try things on, look in the mirror as long as you like...if you think it looks good buy it, if not..leave it. When you buy new shoes, buy them in the afternoon (usually the feet are a bit bigger then and shoes won't hurt later on) and if you should go for heels for the first time, take your time and walk around in the store. Doing this you can look out for other shoes you might want to try on ;)

Hope I could help you and have fun over the Holidays!

• show off your attributes with something tight or low-cut on top and loose as it goes down (applies to shirts and dresses) and let your hair loose so that "fat you're carrying", which probably isn't that much, doesn't show much

• You can never go wrong with some sweater dresses to update your winter wardrobe. The key is having a belt that cinches your waist above your stomach. This will create an hourglass effect and make your stomach look smaller because of where the belt hits. Make sure you accessorize with some cute boots. You can never go wrong with boots in neutral colors like grey and black. Suede and leather looks best, but if you aren't looking too spend that kind of money Forever21 sells some good-looking, reasonably priced boots.

As for bottoms- jeans with dark washes with a boot cut are slimming and look best on bigger women. And for tops you could buy shirts with that's called an empire waist. This will create a slimming effect for your upper body.

Good luck shopping.