Is she trying to say that I look like a girl?!!

I'm very close friends with this girl and we talk about almost anything together.

Yesterday she said to me that I have girlish features and that I have features that girls would love to have. She said I have lovely dark/tanned skin, long eyelashes, nice teeth, lovely thick hair and I look quite young for my age (I'm 21). By the way, all these features came naturally to me, I didn't do anything to get them (except for getting braces when I was younger). And on top of that she said I have a nice curvy butt. And she said the fact that I'm a really short guy (I'm only 5'5'') the butt looks even bigger and makes me look proportionate and ''enhances my figure''. I didn't know how to react. Isn't this usually things that are said to girls?

She then said if I was girl I would be so pretty. It was like she was telling me that I look like a girl and that I'm not masculine enough. She also said she wishes she was the female version of me

I'm so confused, should I be insulted or what?

Btw, I'm perfectly straight. I'm not a transexual or anything. And we DO NOT fancy each other at all. We are just very close friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, she could have been a little more sensitive when saying those things. She should know that straight male guys do not want to be told they look like girls. The fact that you are tan, have thick hair, long eyelashes, and nice teeth can look just as nice on guys as on girls. Just because you aren't super tall doesn't make you more feminine. And a lot of guys have bigger butts, it's not a bad thing. I'm sure she wasn't trying to insult you, it just didn't come out right.

What Girls Said 3

• Okay, this is very weird I have no clue why she would say that to you... Does she think your gay? I could see how a girl might assume she is complementing you if she thinks your homosexual, but even then, it would be a weird thing to say to a guy. Maybe it was her strange way of trying to compliment you? Of maybe she is jealous of your looks? Wow, I have no clue. Maybe you should just ask her why she compared you to a girl. Just tell her you find it insulting...

• No. It sounds like she thinks your hot, & wants you, lol.

• Not necessarily. Some of your features you described could be described as feminine. It doesn't mean she thinks you're not masculine or that you're girly. In fact, it could be a good thing.

What Guys Said 3

• dude, I find that kind of insulting. Whether it was meant to be insulting is another question. I don't know your friend. But imagine telling a woman that she would be very attractive as a man. No woman would like to hear that. And reading between the lines I understand that you feel insulted. I would feel the same way.

• i would have whipped out my d*** and said, does this look girly to you!

• girls like butts but this is an odd thing to hear...maybe you just look alittle gay? I don't know talk to your guy friends and ask their honest opinion of what you need to do to look more masculine