Cute boy at gym not approaching me?

i've noticed this really cute guy in the gym... [i realized he knows my dad from work because they were conversing a while back ago, not sure if this matters?] anyways, so...gym = mirrors everywhere =p i notice he looks over sometimes and i do too =] this has been happening for over a month now... maybe more? i see him about 4-5dys a week, and nothing? he hasn't said hi or smiled, just [sexy] eye contact..lol!

because it's been so long... i want to approach him now? however... because he hasn't done it... i'm afraid he might have a girlfriend or be married? some help here, if he hasn't approached me... does that mean something, i mean should i not even try? lol!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's quite possible that he's already taken, and it's also quite possible that he doesn't want to approach you while you're at the gym. A lot of girls just go there to work out, and a lot of them feel smelly and gross after a workout, so many don't want to be approached. A lot of guys just go there for working out (myself included) and not picking up women, so he might just not want to. If you're that into him, just approach him one day when you're both leaving the gym.

• THANK YOU BTW, UMM, IT'S JUST A LIL' CONFUSING BECAUSE HE SEEMS INTERESTED, BASED ON THE EYE CONTACT HE GIVES ME. YET DOESN'T APPROACH ME? I FRANKLY THINK HE HAS A Girlfriend OR SOMTHNG... BUT YOUR RIGHT, I WILL APPROACH SEE WHAT HAPPENS.. =]

What Guys Said 4

• HE'S NOT APPROACHING YOU BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY TALK IN ALL CAPS TOO

It almost seems like it's become a taboo to approach women in the gym anyway, though. Actually, it's tough for guys to approach a girl anywhere that's not a bar or club because of the things we hear girls say about being bothered by "some guy"...we don't want to be that guy so we leave you alone. Say hi to him the next time you see him and strike up a conversation. Don't think about it, don't think about what to say, just do it. Say hi, ask him about something, say what's on your mind about the gym or whatever, then let it flow from there. Just like you'd do if you were meeting a friend for the first time.

• HAHA! GOOD ONE! [CAPS COMMENT]

• You do realize that caps lock is optional?

• Approach him and learn how to hit the caps lock key.

• guys tend not to hit on girls in the gym for multiple reasons.

if you want to break the ice, ask him how to do a particular exercise and carry on from there. I've had a number of girls do this to me, and it does work.

What Girls Said 0