Are you more inclined to give to a charity worker who is good looking?

I was raising money today for a local children's hospital charity with a bunch of fellow hospital volunteers and a group of girls from a sports club - not a famous club or anything. All of these girl were obviously in great shape, and they were all absolutely beautiful :)

It was clear pretty much straight off the bat that even though we were all doing the exact same thing, these girls seemed to be getting more donations than the rest of us. Obviously I'm not complaining - it all goes to the same great cause.

But I'm curious... Are you more inclined to donate money to a good looking charity worker?

Updates:
I'm aware of the facts and stats about marketing and sales and the like... I'm more curious about peoples personal preferences. :)

0|0
2|6

Most Helpful Guy

• Me personally no. If I am going to donate I'm going to donate. If not I run past. lol

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• personally if I'm going to donate I'm going to donate. the person doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes your better off with a good looking person .. infact this is a technique almost every buisness employs

1|0
    0|0
    • Very true :) How about you personally? Would a persons attractiveness affect whether or not you donated to a charity?

• no, I'm too aware of the internal mechanisms involved ... being more "positive" towards good looking people is an "auto-pilot" response similar in the way when someone gives you something you immediatly feel compelled to give something back (free samples invoke this) or that your more inclined to take a person in a buiseness suit or uniform seriously (9 out of 10 doctors recommend this) or when something is scarce or limited you really really want it (order now supplies are limited)

• Are you more likely to buy something from a handsome, good-looking and well spoken young man or a fat, dandruff-laden recluse who stutters?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well to me it would all come down to what he was selling.

What about you?

• I work in sales and can tell you for a fact that people who are better looking and carry themselves well will sell a LOT more than someone who doesn't. It's all about making the other person comfortable & convincing them that they need something that they don't (up-selling is the term for it).

I know it sounds stupid, but most people don't "shop around," compare features etc - they get an idea in their head and just go to the store with their money.

• No. I'll give to a charity if I wanna give to a charity. A pretty girl has no extra affect on getting me to be generous.

0|0
    0|0
  • looks are only skin deep. its how you sell your product. or in this case, your cause. if your soft spoken, not smiling and look like you dk what you're doing. I'm less likely to want to give to charity. obviously these girls had more charisma. granted ill still give you money. but they were getting more because of these attributes not because of how they looked. that's just shallow

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• no. but they were probably more chatty and able to convince them better

0|0
    0|0
  • Studies have shown that attractive people are given less severe sentences in court, tipped better as a server and earn more money than plain or unattractive people.

So the answer is yes. Science backs that.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for the answer, but I was curious about peoples personal preferences :)