What kind of makeup do guys like?

I don't wear a lot of makeup, but my college is pretty granola and I've noticed that I wear more makeup than majority of the girls here. Usually, my routine is just eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow and powder/maybe a touch of bronzer because I'm so pale. Is it a turn off or do guys care about how much makeup a girl wears?

Most Helpful Girl

• My guy likes me with and without makeup, He likes the switch up but says he likes me better without any, like he loves right after I wash my face...his exact words "I love it because I can see the real you"

What Guys Said 2

• Mascara and/or eye shadow, it helps bring attention to your eyes, which in my opinion, is the most important feature on a girl. Lose the bronzer, it doesn't look natural.

Fair skin is a good thing too, guys don't like girls who have an orange face from their makeup and fair skin everywhere else :P

• If you are at a " crunchy school" then the more understated the better. A little mascara , a little eyeliner and maybe ... maybe .. a little cheek rouge. Lose the bronzer and foundation powder crap. It looks ridiculous and we all make fun of girls who use it. Pale is better than fake bronze.

Plus that stuff tastes like sh*t .

What Girls Said 3

• hm... I think the mascara, eyeliner and eyshadow is good. but usually I notice with most girls sometimes with powder they look flaky and crumbly. I think that looks pretty stupid, but its all in the art of applying. If you apply it good and make it seem natural you should be fine. Maybe go to makeup store and get advice. That's what I did when I started wearing makeup and it really helped. Of course I'm only a girl. But I still hope I helped!

:)

• guys go for the natural looking makeup / light make up :) I asked this from my guy friends before. not too much. and for the eyeshadows I think they shouldn't be worn in school especially darker colors. :)

• Guys want natural-looking makeup.

As long as you don't look like a clown, prostitute or Oompa Loompa you've got the right balance.