Looks or personality?

do guys go out with girls because of their personality or because of their looks

Most Helpful Guy

• Initially we all get attracted by looks, but in the long run personality will win out. While in college, I had a couple of dates with the #1 drop dead gorgeous girl on campus. There wasn't even a close second, but her personality was TERRIBLE and nothing ever came out of our dates. Thankfully!

What Guys Said 14

• TBH, both. While I'd love to say personality is the key, there has to be some form of physical attraction for me. There may be guys out there that just go for personality, props for them, but I need a little more than that.

The prettiest girl can be a gigantic bitch, which is a no go. The unattractive one (to my eyes, not the general opinion) can have a beaming personality, but I don't feel any physical pull.

I actually feel bad for saying that, lmao, but that's that.

• depends on the guy. personality goes a lot further for me than looks.

• False dichotomy much?

• When a girl has an awesome personality, she automatically looks amazing because a great personality is SEXY!

• I've always said looks are primal, but damn.. you can say whatever you want but I think I'm crushing to my college teacher! She looks just above average, but not a beauty queen like that.

But she got stylish clothes, she's very interesting and intelligent, and that look and smile is just incescribable!

I'd pick a woman like that anytime over shallow and boring girl with bleached hair and tons of make-up! Maybe by looks such girl is 10 but personality-wise 3!

But if she can look 7 but personality to 9, then she got upper hand always!

• its a little of both. I can't stand a girl I can't get along with or have a nice convo with but I have to be somewhat attracted to her. so for me I have to have at least a little of both

• Both.

• we do like our women to be attractive but if he's a lover that doesn't really matter a whole lot..sum guys are shallow tho...

• personality!

• Looks are important but, personality is king imho.

regards,

Johno

• Looks are what pulls us in, personality is what keeps us there.

• First date is mostly looks. Second date and so on is mostly personality.

• men are same as women ...n of course the go behind their beauty

• looks at first and later the personality

What Girls Said 2

• Looks draw the guy in and personality keeps him there.

• Id say a bit of both tbh