What does "cute" actually mean?

I'm just curious, when girls say to guys "cute", does it mean like, as if they was talking about someone who's sort of like a little brother or something, or attractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well when I say cute it could mean the guy is physically cute or acts cute ya know like does something cute. I call guys hot because its too hmm how do I explain this, well you know when you call a girl hot, it makes it seem like you just want to f*** her right? and after her looks but cute is better then that and very wholesome. or something when a guy does that's very sweet I go "awww that's so cute ^_^" I don't look at them as a little brother, I do say adorable too, and if I did then that just means I'm not really into you sort of way, lmao I hope I'm making sense

What Girls Said 3

• some girls don't feel comfortable calling guys "hot" or "sexy" so they like to use the word "Cute"

but either ways if a girl called you "cute" and your interested in her you might want to give it a shot see what happens :)

• I'm guilty of this ;)

While my girl friends say "Ahh, he's SO sexy", I reply "Yeah, I agree! He's so cute!"

:)

• the guy I like I say is cute

• it doesn't really mean everything. I use cute to describe everything

What Guys Said 2

• Can mean two things and I understand how it can be confusing.

Cute can mean attractive if they say it in a short sense (also based on the topic). If they prolong the cute into something that your grandmother would say while pinching your cheeks, then that's the adorable type of cute.

• You're not hot, yet you're not repulsive.