Do guys like it when girls wear a lot of makeup?

Just wondering, there's kinda a lot of cakefacers out there and I'm just wondering if its worth all the product and stuff...haha like cash. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I've always gone for more natural looking girls. In fact...

A while back, I was at the supermarket when I saw this girl in the produce section. She had little to no makeup on and was a redhead. She was a little bit overweight but not enough to be unattractive. She was wearing basic blue jeans (not skinny jeans, normal jeans) and a Thundercats T-shirt. If I hadn't been so shy I would have approached her. She seemed like just my type: Plain yet quirky with a fun side that I can see but is lost on many others. And I highly doubt I'm the only one...

What Guys Said 14

• Depends what you mean by "a lot". Mountainous cake layers? Please, no. But otherwise...Both can be beautiful. Sometimes I like a girl with no makeup on, all natural. But when she does wear it, I think the trick to wearing it is to make it look as if she's not wearing any at all. I like "earthy" shades in most daytime scenarios (work, etc.). Depends though. Sometimes, depending on the mood, occasion, scene...I like girls to kind of flaunt that (don't get me wrong) "slutty" look. Dark eyes, pouty lips, etc. As for cake layers of makeup? Yuck. No, I never like that. Foundation, protective foundation, blah, blah, blah...Translation? Really bad skin, attempts to hide asymmetry, whatever.

• Too much of make up ain't good...

• Too much of everything ain't good...

• No

Little or No makeup. Natural is better to me.

• No

• Just enough to make you look fresh - but not when you are 16 or 18. Only later.

• a little bit a makeup isn't bad but it's nice when a girl can still keep her natural look. less is better

• no, I don't like makeup,

• No, Id choose a girl with no make up any day

• Not too much. However some to catch the eye.

• NO

little or no make up, I like natural beauty

• No, a lot of make-up is a turn-off. When it's cakey, it looks really bad. I also don't like when girls do their make-up clownish with a lot of colors, like dark eye shadow, bright red lip-stick, and pink blush, and tarantula eye-lashes. Also painted eyebrows is a no no. lol. Sorry that's kind of specific. Well, I hope that helps!

• Judging by your pic it doesn't look like you need it. Don't put this much on: link that will make you look like a slut.

• I like it when a girl looks good, but if it looks fake then it doesn't look good. Try to wear as least make up as possible, and show your true beauty. However, there's nothing wrong with a little make up to enhance your features. ^^ Of course, some people actually look better with cake layers than without - depends how they really look.

What Girls Said 5

• They say they dont

but havnt you noticed that guys are always chasing girls with the made up faces. I don't get any sort of attention when I have those chill lazy days but when I dress up its so different. Guys don't know what the hell mascara means or bronzer. they like the "natural looking makeup" ya know? the type that only enhances your features in a subtle way. thank goodness I found someone who thinks I'm beautiful without it.

• Unfortunately you do see a lot of that among guys in their teens and early 20s (say,23 at the oldest I'm guessing) move past that. We go for women who look more like women than clowns.

• Most every guy will say less makeup is better, but I think it's all about the girl looking good. Most girls DON'T look good with tons of makeup piled on, so that's why guys say they prefer the more natural look.

• Guys don't care about make-up so long as the girl looks good.Cake face or not,if the girl looks then that's all that matters.

Last time I checked Maxim and Playboy weren't receiving any complaints.

• They also do a lot of photo retouching that obviously wouldn't be possible IRL, so you can't really compare magazine shoots to reality. Most of us know that.

• Of course,pull out the retouching excuse,as though some people aren't just naturally good looking.That's not surprising.

• No. Men should never be able to tell you are wearing make up. Go for a natural look.

• Guys like it when you don't look like a clown, oompa loompa or prostitute.