Should I ask out the cute/hot barrista or waitress?

Or is she just smiling and flirting and being nice because she wants a good tip? Do baristas and waitresses get hit on all the time and it's annoying, or do you wish that nice guy customer would ask you out?

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm a cashier so I'm not very smiley and nice because I don't get tips anyway. but when I was a waitress I was like that because I wanted a tip. maybe you should watch her behavior with other male customers. does she act like that with everyone (especially men)? or is she extra nice and different with you? if she is different with you then ask her out. if not it's probably part of her job and because she wants tips. also if you're clearly out of her age range, she's def flirting for tips.

• Good point from you and Italycam below about seeing how she acts with other customers. What do you think is the maximum age range? I always thought maybe 10 years or so.

What Girls Said 6

• I know from experience that I act extra friendly for the tips and so the customers will hopefully put in a good word for me. It depends on who is hitting on them...and age wise...Sometimes it is annoying. Especially if she already has a boyfriend, she may get it a lot with her kind of job. Just whenever you are there at her work, engage in friendly conversation and see if she acts that way with the other customers in their. Act from there.

• I'm a barista. And I don't even get to keep my tips they all get divided into my our checks. I never act nice for the money, I act nice for the customer to come back. I mean, believe me, there's some guys that come in there that I wish that they would so badly ask me for my number but some of them are creeps, so it really depends on how cute or charming your being. if you HONESTLY think its flirting, then go for it. what do you have to lose?

• its annoying when its a guy that's above 40, cause then its just kinda awkward. but I won't flirt with a guy for extra tips, if I am flirting then its generally because I'm into him.

• Yes! If you are not over the age of 30, please! Yes!

• it's her job

• I'm a waitress and yes I'm always smiling and being friendly.Sometimes I am hit on,its not annoying but flattering.Sometimes I see guys who look interested and yet they say nothing.So yes,sometimes I wish guys would speak up.

What Guys Said 1

• Its obvious to me (I work in the business) when a girl is nice and when she is wanting a tip.

And then there is just being good at your job.

Lots of girls tho will come in the back talking about the hot guy they just served.

In general if your a younger guy they don't expect much of a tip from you and their flirting caus your hot to them . If your over 25 their thinking flirting will get a tip. If your over 40 their thinking flash alittle and I am gonna make bank.