Would you say personality only wins over looks when online?

I've noticed I've had girls like me, say I'm awesome, say I should definitely find a girl, would have sex with me, etc from all over the place online, but that's never ever happened in real life. So does personality only stand out initially online. I even have pictures on whatever site it would be (this, stickam, etc.) and it still happens. So I don't think personality ever wins in person. I'd like to know of some girls that would go up to the average guy at a party when there's a bunch of attractive guys. Doubt you'd do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a very good question...I like your insight. I think that there are definite advantages to "meeting" someone online. When finding out about a person before you are able to judge someone solely by there "cover" it allows you to see more fully what a person truly has to offer...remember the saying "beauty is only skin deep"? Meeting someone online allows you to see a person's inner beauty first, and get to know the true beauty of the person. a beautiful body does not a beautiful person make. You must have a great personality, or it's unlikely you would continue receiving the responses that you do. It sounds like the girl that ultimately ends up with you will be lucky indeed ! Here's to the future Mrs.Snackeyg !

What Girls Said 7

• Actually, I think it the opposite. I've tried online dating sites & because I the person's personality can't shine through in a picture, I can only judge by the their looks. But in person, a person gives off a vibe, & if I like a person's vibe, their looks become secondary to who they really are. I've met men who at first I did not find that attractive, but as I learned more about them, I started to have feelings for them. They also started to look beautiful to me, & didn't understand why that was. I later learned this is because their personality was shining through & lighting them up to me. I no longer saw their physical flaws, & only saw a beautiful person in front of me. I do not know if this happens to other people, but it did happen to me. But you can't completely know someone by talking to them on the internet. Yes, writing can be very passionate & moving, but many times it is also very inpersonal. The same is true for photos, you can't see a person's inner light through a photo, & that is what really makes them beautiful. That is why I prefer to talk to people in person so I see them as a whole & not just their looks.

• Yeah but you took online dating only. Online dating is crap. I'm talking this site, stickam, chat rooms, etc. I'm the same online as in real life besides lack of confidence and I talk way less. It's still the same on the inside though. I think real life sucks. People are too shallow. You're one of the very few that can notice that stuff in person.

• Hey, whatever works for you. I'm just saying in my experience, I tend to fall for a guy for the right reasons when I meet him in person. Online, just doesn't work for me.

• It doesn't work for me. The online people are all over the country. That was my point of this. Is people from all over like you but then you go out and never find anyone close by in person.

• Well it is easier to say something tonline in an email or chat room etc. but doing actually doing it is much harder . In answer to your question I personally would go up to the average looking guy at a party since I think all of the attractive guys are cocky.

• Based on that last part, you're a rare girl. I've never had that happen to me at a party. I'm always the average guy. Maybe I'm giving myself to much credit. I might not be average.

• I wouldn't say that it does...in most cases, yes. But for me it usually doesn't. I've liked plenty of guys...and never gotten one. And while some were very good looking, a lot were pretty shabby as far as attractiveness goes. But they made me laugh and they were nice, so I liked them. In fact, the guy I like right now, who is currently one of my closest friends, was pretty unattractive to me when I first met him. And his voice annoyed the heck outta me...But once I got to know him, and liking him, I absolutely adore his voice. I could listen to it all day. And his looks? He's beautiful. I know it sounds odd, to describe a guy as beautiful, but he really is. I only wish that someday he could view me as the same...Guess its finally the girl that's stuck in the friend zone. :/

• Well to me girls are willing to try new things in an area they don't know plus the way we communicate is through typing and texting. You sound real and straight forward, the kind of guy who has confidence, what we don't know is how you act in person. Skype does help but it isn't as great as actual face to face contact, I have noticed this too. Although if you were to meet these people in person, I think the chances are that you will get along easier than without any contact online. You know each others personality so you just need to understand you act in person.

Sorry if I am typing this weird, I am tired and it is hard for me to get my point across at times, plus I am dyslexic and I do write odd sentences.

• I go for the "underdog" every time because they are most likely the one that has more to offer than simple looks and if you can make me laugh oh you definitely have my attention

• I agree with you I guess.

• I would definitely approach an average to below average guy at parties or watever mainly just because their better company, like the more good looking guys tend to give off a vibe that their constantly looking down on you and are just plain cocky, where as with average you can be comfterble being yourself. (good looks are nothing without a nice personality to match) . Refering to online I believe lookscan come second to personality depending on how you feel about each other, I mean I met my current boyfirend online on a social site and we spoke almost everyday and became really close, so close that we were able to overlook each others flaws. It gives people an oppertunity to fall for personality and not base everything on looks, there not all that important if your a nice guy. And only the stuck up people say its all about looks!

What Guys Said 4

• Online is more of a circle jerk where everyone gives everyone else an upbeat, positive message and accepts your friend request. Online is where you can put pics in your profile that aren't exactly honest, where you can say things about your life that aren't true, where you can have a "fantasy" persona. Online is a joke.

The truth is looks do matter, both online and off (why do you think profile pics mean so much on dating sites?). So while your online personality might get tons of friend requests, those same people may spurn you in real life. Now, you may find the "diamond in the rough" who is willing to "give you a shot" even though they aren't physically attracted to you, but the truth is that there has to be physical attraction just like there is an attraction between personalities.

A good example would be this; I have dated all sorts of different girls, but I have never dated a girl with whom I didn't share a physical attraction with. So while personality means something looks do too. You just won't find many people online who are willing to admit that as they don't want to appear shallow.

• i think that's true cause thts exactly how it is for me

• Darn straight dude. I'm an a funny, cute kind of guy and I don't get ANYTHING. So I would say yes. Personality is pretty much only a plus online. :/

• Yeah see and lemme guess all the girls are like you should have girl and stuff. I'm like ha ha yeah right.

• it depends on the girl man.