Opinions on the new Pokemon games?

What's your opinion on the new pokemon games?

I personally I like the old games and pokemon better, the new ones look too fake

Most Helpful Guy

• I think pokemon gets treated unfairly by a lot of people.

Yeah, I grew up with Red/Blue/Yellow, and those are definitely the pokemon I've gotten used to and been raised with. That being said, R/B/Y were FAR too easy. Sure, a lot of the new pokemon look stupid, but the actual games themselves are far more intricate, more challenging, longer, and actually require more than a pulse to beat. I've had many runs through Blue using just Kadabra and Fearow to beat THE WHOLE GAME. So, I'd have to say my favorite ones overall are Gold/Silver, and FireRed/LeafGreen- they're a lot more challenging, they're longer, and there's not too much content I'm completely unfamiliar with.

I was raised on 151 pokemon, so I'm obviously partial to those. However, if I was to pick up Pokemon Diamond as my first game, Red/Blue/Yellow would be boring by comparison. Once you take off the nostalgia filter, it's pretty much obvious that the new games are actually much better overall.

What Guys Said 7

• I too prefer the old ones, although some of the new ones are nice. I played the gameboy games on an emulator on my computer years ago, and once or twice a year I play the leaf green remake again for a few days :)

• I don't think the new ones are bad, but they don't really do anything different from the first few games. Pokemon games are awesome, but if you've played one you've played them all.

• There was only 151 pokemon ever made. Try to tell me otherwise ;)

• I don't like the look of the new ones. I love the old ones though, for the game boy advance. I never played the 'real' old ones, like Blue or Silver, but I dig Leaf Green the most which is the remake, y'know... I love those games though ^^ Only games I play.

• I stopped playing them after the Ruby/Saphire games. They got too far from what made them good. I'll still break out my old Yellow or Silver on plane rides, though. Good times.

• Generation 1 is the only good one in my opinion.

• 5th gen is going to suck ass. F*ck new Pokemon. If Game Freak and Nintendo want to scrap 4th and 5th gen and pretend they never happened I would be absolutely ecstatic.

What Girls Said 3

• the old pokemon games were the best way better than the new ones

• boooooooo.

• I haven't played Pokemon since like elementary school hahaha. So oldies ftw.