Do the colors a guy or girl wears matter to you?

do you care if she's all colorful or dull?

do you care at all what colors he wears?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. What matters is his personality that has nothing to do with the colors he wears.

• i agree but disagree... the colors someone wears do have to do with their personality, but the personality determines the colors, not the other way around.

• To me, the colors of his clothes are just a detail, not an important thing.

But I respect your opinion. :)

• likewise

What Girls Said 14

• For me it's not so much what COLORS he wears but WHAT and HOW he wears his clothes. A guy could just be wearing a white shirt and jeans and look hot to me. ESPECIALLY if it looks like he's comfortable being himself. However, I like the color blue. Neutrals like gray, black and white are nice too. :-)

OFF TOPIC: When guys walk around with no jacket on and have their hands dug all the way into their pockets...it looks stupid to me. It's like wear a flippin' flappen jacket if it is too cold. And don't be macho and say that you don't need one.

• haha, yeah I c that a lot. I didn't know it was cause they were trying to be macho.

• I do that to. But I only do it because my hands are cold. I don't need the jacket because the rest of my body is warm.

• I wouldn't say the colours matter, as much as like how he's dressed and such. I mean it's nice to see a guy who looks clean and well-dressed. He doesn't have to be wearing anything formal or dressy, but it's just not that attractive if he's wearing wrinkly/dirty clothes.

• what about clean gym shorts and a clean simple T?

• Ehh, I'm not really a fan of the gym short look. I mean it's not bad every once in a while, but I know a couple guys who wear gym shorts like every single day, and I dunno, it just doesn't come off that great to me.

• oh, yeah I wouldn't wear them everyday either.

• Couldn't care less.

• Not really. But at the same time outragious colors are kinda embaressing to be around. A guy friend at school used to wear the oddest colors, like pink and orange, and when we'd walk about and talk sometimes I would feel a little embarressed.

• I dress colorful...alot.But then I'm also a fan of black.Love it,could wear it eveeyday.Plain colors like the khakis and lights blues and white maybe is assosiated with someone more conservative?I wouldn't mind a little color thrown into the mix from the dude...

• i don't care. honestly all my boyfriend wheres are black pants and plain white shirts and his bros old marine (green shirts) and ofcourse he has nice dress shirts when we go somewhere nice, but besides that its plain and simple

• Nah,so long as you aren't calling attention to yourself.

Ok not being racist,as I myself am bi-racial(Black/Hispanic),but I can't stand how some black people decide they wanna wear some lime green or yellow ish.It irks me,especially if they are dark skinned...like Alek Wek dark skinned and they wanna look like a Key Lime or Banana

• I can only comment with a lyric from a song; you may have heard it. "I don't like his baggy jeans, but Ima like what's underneath them."

This is how I feel about clothes on my significant other.

• i prefer plain colors. don't wear obnoxious neon ed hardy t shirts.. a lot of it depends on what style of shirt/clothing it is.

but plain colors look more sophisticated.

• it matters. some colors look bad on certain people and the way they present themselves says a lot about them.

• I really like it when guys wear brown, maroon, dark grey or a faded out blue. I don't know why.

• i wear the grays and blues, blacks and some browns, my girl doesn't like how I dress haha.

• Yeah I mean I do because he was my first boyfriend and I loved everything about him, he was perfect. But he broke up with me and moved halfway across the country, I still love that kid.

• daaam, that sucks... you still talk?

• i don't like guys in bright colors

• As long as you don't wear one color head-to-toe and can match clothes good enough, it's all good.

• I dated a guy whose favorite color was lime green, that was not going to fly for me. He also liked wearing black shirts with really bright silver displays on it (like a emo cross or something, or stars) which was a huge turn off. He liked really bright clothes, like bright blue and bright red etc. Not my thing. I think he wanted too much "attention" and his clothes were too "loud". We only dated from June-Sept, thank goodness. But there were other things I didn't like about him, such that he liked surfing and golf which I wasn't into. He was also anal about making sure everything was spotless (I think he had OCD). He drinked too much and liked loud r&b music. I got sick of him when he made fun of my job, my friends, my acne and my hobbies and the food I liked. I knew we wouldn't work out. Oh wells... But I myself would never wear the kind of colors he wore... just because I'm more the type to try and be sophisticated and grown up so I wear mostly black, gray, white, dull blue (navy blue?) etc

• well I was just asking about the colors but ok... yeah I hate seeing people dressing all attention whory like that, it literally pisses me off just to see it.

What Guys Said 0