Has any attractive person ever been serious when they say looks are not important to them?

We have all heard it, but I am wondering how many people actually have no feelings about physical appearance. I'd like to think I judge people more on their personality, but to say that looks are not of importance is kinda crazy to everyone I think.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course looks are important... Even if a person do not care about looks, others will judge that person based on looks, which leads that person to care about looks because that person cares about what others think... Damn, I hope it's understandable lol really hard to translate my thoughts ahah

But well, what I think is important is WHY people care or not about looks. If you care about your appearance because it makes you feel good with yourself, then you're OK. If you do it for others, then you're screwed.

What Girls Said 3

• Looks are important, because I think pretty much everyone wants to be physically attracted to their partner.

But for some people:

1. Personality is more important than looks in the sense that they wouldn't date someone who was physically attractive if they had a bad personality or if they didn't connect with that person.

2. Personality can affect whether or not you find someone attractive. A "hot" person will become less attractive if you find out they have a bad personality, or a less attractive person might become more attractive to you as you get to know them and find out that you really like their personality.

3. They have a wider range of what they find attractive, or have different preferences or a different view on what makes a person attractive.

• i would like to say that looks don't matter but that's when I'm a little shallow and say that I have to be sexually attracted to the person I'm with. I openly say that I have to be attracted to you to date or be with you. the personality is a very big thing for me in a relationship but the attractive sense has to be there(:

• Yes, looks matter less and less as I get older and older

What Guys Said 1

• you see this question covers two different topics and I think you perhaps worded it wrong. "I'd like to think I judge people more on their personality,". You jump to conclusions based on appearence and you judge based on personality (I would like to note I do not condone judging a person but I would be lying if I said I don't do it) "but to say that looks are not of importance is kinda crazy to everyone I think." OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE IMPORTANT XD you aproach someone you think looks good otherwise you would talk to everyone on the street ... you don't talk to everyone on the street do you O.o?