Opposites attract?

I like this guy. But we are complete opposites almost. We have some things in common but for the most part we are opposites. But I think he likes me too but I am not going to get into all the signs, just trust me on that. But I always doubt myself. Why would he like ME? There are a ton of prettier girls at school. I know looks aren't everything but I have always been self conscious of the way I look. I am the smart girl of the grade. And he has always known me as the smart girl since like kindergarten. he is smat too and makes good grades, but he is more into sports. Every sport I have seen him play he is good at. I wouldn't call him a jock necessarily. And I suck at sports except tennis but I don't think he remembers that I play that. So I am wondering, is It possible for him to like me even though we are totally different? I always though opposites amde better relationships but what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't really explain why you're opposites, because your description doesn't make it seem so, but if there are other things about you two that are opposite and you are, in fact, very different from each other, it's not a big deal.

Soul mates and 'your other half' don't have to be mirror images of yourself. The only people who think this is the case are people who date people for status and social acceptance, and self conscious argumentative people. I used to be very geeky in a way that I couldn't really get along with people with different opinions on issues. She like rap? Eugh, get away from me. He likes smoking pot? Eugh, get away from me.

Some people stay like this for their lives because they're too cocky and jerky. They look for people to date who are exactly like them. Seinfeld pokes fun at this phenomenon often, showing Seinfeld, Elaine, and George breaking up with people over having man hands, not liking apple pie, and being a 'close talker'.

• The biggest difference is he is good at sports and I am not. but I love to read and he hates it (although he seemed interested in it once, but onyl because I was there), basically I am more acadmeic driven than him

• Most people your age don't read. It's not a big deal. Some people read, and some don't. It has nothing to do with personality, at least hardly. You two don't seem very different at all if those are your only glaring differences...

What Guys Said 1

• you need to work on you're self confident and be more optimistic ,

who likes you should like the way you're and accepted .

What Girls Said 1

• How is he completly opposite from you? Is it because he is sort of like a jock? You said he does good in school, so you obviously have something in common. Maybe he likes you because although he may be into sports and stuff, education is also important to him. You are serious about your education, and he finds that attractive. You could have a lot more in common than you think. Maybe that is what he finds attractive in a girl.

• Well, if he likes reading because you were there, then there you go. You answered your question. Opposites attract. He obviously likes you more than you think he does. Maybe it is because you both have goals in life. He is in sports, you are into education. Maybe he just likes YOU because you are unique! Not like the other girls.