To be a stupid girl, or not to be? That is the question.

I feel stupid and indecisive and like I'm losing control of everything I aimed so desperately TO control. I broke up with my boyfriend to get him to appreciate me more and just yesterday I told him it wasn't fair to any of us if we kept on at the rate we were going so it was best if for a week we ended all contact.

Yeah, yeah, yeah; that sounds pretty smart. But see, I want him back. I want him to see the errors of his ways. And that's the stupid part because you're probably thinking. "Why wouldn't you just talk to him?" Because no one ever listens to words; they listen to actions. And yes, also the part about, "he probably doesn't see any errors in his ways."

So I did all that and I still want him back. Should I stand my ground or cave in to my foolish, flighty, female ways?

What Guys Said 1

• Stand your ground! Most of the time, unfortunately, they won't see the error of their ways.

He won't take you seriously if you back down. Maybe he STILL won't take you seriously, but you have a chance if you stick to your agreement.

It's only a week. Flirt with me and the other guys here to distract you for that long!

What Girls Said 1

• If you really want to be with him, then sit him down and tell him that. Also tell him why you did what you did if he asks, and let him know what exactly it is that he was doing wrong. He's going to know something is up, but he probably won't know what it is or how to fix it unless you explicitly tell him. I personally would be really frustrated if all this was going on and I didn't know what the other person expected of me, but then again, I'm a big proponent of being open and honest within relationships.

Maybe he won't listen to words, as you say, and if that's the case, then you can at least say you tried. I'm sorry you're going through this, it doesn't sound like a fun situation.