Disheveled guy attractive?

so my whole family is trying to get me to dress a certain way (ivy league posterboy) and I'm really ok with it for the most part. but I'm still in highschool and I was wondering ladies, what would you think of a disheveled ivy boy? what I mean is like oxfords and dress/party shirts untucked over jeans and sweaters but with the sleeves rolled up and khaki and corduroy with polos and distressed blazers. (im not actually going to an ivy league. I might I don't know yet but I'm valedictorian and starting x-attackman on my varsity lacrosse team and I'm getting my black belt soon so its not going to be a totally weird transformation)

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on the guy, but I think you should just wear what you want. If that's how you want to dress, go for it.

By the way, if you're trying to look like an "ivy league posterboy" I have to say, I live near Yale and the whole oxfords-and-sweaters look is just a stereotype. I'm sure there are some guys who dress like that, but it's definitely not all of them.

What Girls Said 6

• Ohh I love it when guys dress like that, because they still look like incredibly sexy and hot, but they look put together and they aren't like yo ima straight up G, lol sorry I hate that look. Ha but ya I think that if you can pull it off you should do it, but you can still wear other stuff to but I personally think that look is hot lol so do my friends. =]

• All girls are different. Some hate it, and some like it. Personally, I don't judge on clothes. But if I were, I'd say it looks like your too sofisticated and you don't care to have fun. I say dress however you want and what makes you feel comfortable!

• Disheveled can be attractive, but when a messy guy gets dressed up. . . just ooh!

• I must admit, manly guys that wear sweaters make me a bit weak in the knees. ;)

However, I suggest only dressing that way if you truly want to, not just because your family suggests it or it attracts girls. Just dressing nice will do that. =)

• honestly that kind of attire is hot on a guy!

• sounds nice. the way you described it makes me think of gossip girl lol but I went to school with guys who dressed kinda like that and girls always liked them.

• Gossip girl? I don't get it. I know its a show but I don't watch tv. is gossip girl a bad thing?

and what kind of girls liked guys who dressed like that? because I have a terrible habit of attracting the wrong type :P

• No its not bad, the guys on the show dress like that which just reminded me of it. At my school the preppy rich girls liked guys like that.

What Guys Said 1

• So what kind of clothes do you normally wear? Let me tell you this though my friend the better you look dress wise the more attention you will get from the ladies, now don't go overboard with this and show up to class in a suit no don't do that you will look outta place. The clothes your talking about are very common, polos with jeans, a button down shirt untucked, I don't know about the sweater though that might not look good especialy if you get the wrong kind. My suggestion is go for it but like I said hope your not scared of the ladies cause they will come a knockin.