Are you intimidated by level 9s and 10s?

I don't know what it is, but I used to be really intimidated by 'Expert Level's, y'know. Hell I still am and I'm level 9. I look at my posts and think 'Woah, I wish I could be that guy!'

Hahaha.

Updates:
In response to NoThanks2010; yeah, well, yeah, lol. That's cool, like. Although I'd still feel pretty badass being called Ranger15, hahaha.
Also lulz at how 3/4 of the answers are from 'Expert' users. Tell ya muchhhh?

0|0
21|26

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, not really. There are a lot of people who I see posting again and again who I think are just not that bright. When their answers are not well-thought out or when they don't seem genuinely interested in giving advise but rather in being preachy or critical others, I guess I just assume that they're looking for attention and don't have much of a life in the real world.

But then there are people like, for example, you (thanks for responding to a couple of my questions, btw!) and seifishstars whose names I recognize and whose answers I think are sincere and well-thought-out and I guess since I see you guys often enough I suppose that I can kind of get a taste for the kinds of people/answerers you are. And with people who I keep running into and who I've developed a sort of respect for, I guess I kind of feel some sort of kinship with them (I know that sounds dorky!) that has nothing to do with how many questions a person's answered and everything to do with a person's disposition and worldview. But then again I feel like I've been in so many situations in my life where I've been intimidated by people (I used to be PAINFULLY shy) that I guess I've kind of built up an immunity to it by now. Plus it helps that it's online, so there's a degree of anonymity and comfort in that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Your welcome, and thanks ^_^

And yeah. Wow. That's cool. Fucking best answer.

What Girls Said 20

• I was a bit when I first joined this site. I've been to other forums where the "regulars" are very cliquey. They look down on or treat new people negatively because they think they're "Internet cool". I wasn't sure if this site would be the same way.

But after being here for a bit, I realized that there's a lot of really nice people here, and also that someone's level has nothing to do with the quality of answers they give or how knowledgeable they are.

But sometimes I still feel a little intimidated by some of the very intelligent people. :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeahh, totally. A lot of sites are like that. Also hi-five for being the first to have the balls to admit they were a bit intimidated. :D

Although dude, we are internet cool.

• Show All
    • @seifishstars: you ARE intelligent people. I'm not just being nice, either. I think that every time I've encountered one of your answers I've thought "wow, she just said exactly what I was thinking but just more articulately!"

• *blush* Thanks, I really appreciate that. :)

• Not really.

I mean, I think some of them give really bad advice. A lot of time levels don't mean that the person gives best advice - just that they'll answer pretty much any question, with pretty much any answer - just to get points.

I mean, obviously - that's not the same in all cases. But the levels are mostly just to do with how long you've been around or how active you are. Not really a show of whether you're a good advice giver or not.

Plus, a lot of the time, I either know enough about the person, or have seen their answers/questions around, that I know what to expect from them. New or anonymous users are the ones you have to watch out for lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm not really intimidated. Like many people have already said, a lot of 'experts' don't post intelligent answers - but I am impressed by those who do. It shows they actually go into it wanting to give truly helpful advice, and that's really, really cool.

But being intimidated is silly.

0|1
    0|0
  • hey, I'm on my way up there, because I see some very interesting things and I give my advice, so just wait. lolz, I'll be at your level soon enough doll.

0|1
    0|0
    • Hahaha, I'm very sure you will be. I haven't seen you about, mind. :D

• Show All
    • i think it might've been both, but I don't trust her...ever...i don't even like being in the same room as her.

• Man, I can believe it.

• I'm only intimidated by people who consistently post highly intelligent, well-thought out posts. Seriously, I'm thinking that their brains could own mine in a fight any day...that is very intimidating.

4|1
    0|0
  • I'm a level 9 too now. Bitches SHOULD be intimidated. ;)

Seriously though, I don't even pay attention to them.

1|1
    2|1
    • Just for saying that, I'm going to be intimidated by you, 'kay?

-hides under desk-

Or maybe I'll wait until you reach level 10. One up, zero down...that's ten.

Cool, I'm looking forward to it. =D

• Show All
    • Hahaha. I was always intimidated by you.

• OMG an expert?! hahaha jk...whats up :P

• saw this question after a submitting an answer to another question...burst out laughing :D :D :D

i love you KKJ. so much. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • But now you are GURU! :D

1|1
    0|0
  • No. I've heard some really poor answers from experts, & so I don't value expert opinions. There are some people on this site who I think give amazing advice like: Enchanted, Dan, Sass?, you :D. But I don't pay attention to people's Xper rating, I pay attention to how good the advice is. Personally, I think experts should be someone who is voted high by their peers, but I guess it doesn't matter.

1|0
    0|1
    • Show All
    • Ohh, right. I wonder who they are, lol

• thats a really cool idea actually...that or if you have a degree in like psychology or something and that girlsaskguys can verify that somehow hahah

• "Levels" are meaningless.

2|2
    0|2
    • Anyone can create a social networking site and call it "whatever" and construct it "however". Instead of "LEVEL" it could be called, "RANGER". I would not be defined one way or the other by being called RANGER 1 or RANGER 15. I know who I am.

• I don't know man, I'm kind of awesome as is.

0|1
    0|0
    • Hahaha. I'll drink to that.

• thats pretty much my stance on the situation as well hahaha. I don't think the expert title or a little light bulb could possibly make us any cooler.

• thought you were talking in terms of physical appearances lol.

but no, I'm not intimidated, why would i? level doesn't determine quality of answers. I see lots of great answers from new users.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nawww..i figure I will get there eventually...

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL, hope so! ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I am not because I once was .

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol no, not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Today, I've become a GURUUUUU =D

0|0
    0|0
    • MOTHERF***ING GURU

Badass. Your gonna have to wear robes now, and speak in eastern tongues.

• hahaha!

• lol what? I thought you were talking about 9 and 10's in terms of appearance

3|1
    0|1
  • I was intimidated until I parked my ass in front of my laptop for hours on end to reach level 10. Now I only answer questions that pique my interest or I really feel like they're in dire need of advice. I have like 250 'friends' on here but I'm only close with maybe 10 people. And they're all awesome, like my second family.

I think it's funny though that people get intimidated by others on the internet. We're all just people in my opinion. And I'm much more articulate on paper than in person. In real life, I swear like a sailor and say 'dude' and 'awesome' more than a California surfer.

1|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 26

• If anything I'm intimidated by new members.. I don't know the first thing about them -> Yet with other users of higher statue I can look/think back to what I know of them and it brings some peace in mind (regardless of what those thoughts are) because at least then I KNOW rather than I'm guessing.

So if I were to answer a newbies post: "You should do x y and z" then typically I wouldn't know if he's going to explode out of rage or if he's just a spammer.. With experts you tend to have a little knowledge of how they answer questions, whether or not you should listen to them or just read their comments for humor, etc..

Just the opposing viewpoint but that's how I truly feel.

~ ArtistBBoy

0|2
    0|0
    • Man, yeah. That's true, that's terrifying. Especially with your like, big informed answers. Man I'd get nervous.

• a very good point

• For new members it might be intimidating to have someone that high give a reply. For those who have been members for a little while and have read answers from higher members you can get a feel if the person is genuine or trying to be funny. There are some members who are level 9 or 10 that consistently post unintelligent answers.

There is a feature in the chat to follow your friend's posts but I wish there was something on the main page. Like when you answer questions, the drop box at the top has:

Recent Questions

Poll Questions

Top Rated Questions

Experts on Video

Unanswered Questions

Popular Questions

Why not put one called "Friend's Questions" so your high ranking friends can give their advice. I certainly would rather answer my friend's questions than mill through the commonly repeated ones from newer members.

"Do they like me..."

"How do I get them back..."

"How do I get back at them..."

"How do I look..."

"Am I pregnant?"

"Why won't they contact me..."

"When should I contact them..."

Maybe I just went on and on and there actually is a feature on here I haven't found yet. Sorry KarKingJack... I'll go investigate this suggestion further.

0|1
    0|0
    • I think because my profile is on private I cannot get followers. Meh, I'm cool with that though.

• Show All
    • I guess I'm a bit behind the curve then. Two years as a member and I just figured it out today. :(

• Hahaha, awh. Maybe that's a good thing? You've other things on the pallet.

• Actually I didn't get it at first, so I wasn't bothered. Then I just realized its pretty much like gamers that devote 20 hours a day to Warcraft or Dungeons and Dragons. Its just another thing that people devote time to. A lot of answers answered, a lot of questions asked. I'm starting to get addicted to this site because its new to me. I am upset that you assholes keep taking all the best answer's points though. Just saying. lol.

0|0
    0|0
    • LOL. Sawwyy. Hahaha. That's cool, though. I lulz'd when you said you didn't get it at first, too, haha.

• The only level 9 that intimidates me is you, big guy

0|1
    0|0
  • When I first started here they probably were but after a few months I don't think so. I know a lot of "Expert" users will or did answer just about anything and with little or no thought put into it. I personally don't do that. When March comes around next year I will be starting my 4th year here and I am only a level 9. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • i'll be level 10 soon, what's your holdup?

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm an expert and I don't sugar coat my advice, some people don't like that, but I don't give a damn,

0|1
    0|0
  • not in the slightest.

0|0
    0|1
  • Not really, I think I give better advice than the so called experienced users :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a bear and I'm an expert insult me and I eat you

0|1
    0|0
  • i never cared about the "expert" title. to me...its just like being on call of duty and having these dudes that have prestiged like 9 times and are a level 70 and here comes this measly level 14 to just crap all over their day. anyone know what I'm talking about? huh huh? free for all? no? lol...okay ill stop. :P

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol, yeah. I guess. Although Call of Duties full of weaseley little f***ers with acne and lard sandwhiches, y'know. GAGs expertdom relies on having some sort of experience dealing with people. Which means we're a good bit cooler, LOL.

• hell no why would be intimidated by somebody who spends too much on the computer?

1|1
    0|0
  • That would be pretty cool if people were intimidated by experts. I'm almost there!

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol, yeah. Everyones trying to act like a hardass, though. I reckon they really are.

• When I first started using this site, I maybe did. They actually seemed impersonal to me, almost like they were only advice machines and not people. But I stopped thinking like that and started seeing them as people who give advice, just like me.

0|0
    0|0
    • And now your one of them, hahaha. Awesome.

• Show All
    • Lmao

Every time I get a best answer, I lay down on the floor and twitch uncontrollably.

• If you feel intimidated by them, then you obviously spend too much time on this site/internet, and you're taking this too seriously...go outside. get a tan

0|0
    0|0
  • not at all, it could mean they've just been here a long time or they have good advice, or they answer a lot of Q's, I don't see why that would scare me.

0|0
    0|0
    • You should have said something interesting instead of saying that. LOLLLLL.

Sorry. This questions turned into a bit of a snorefest, cos I realized the only people who are gonna post are the ones who are gonna say no, hahaha.

• well yeah not a lot of people like to admit their fears to other people, I don't mind cause I can face them but some people, most people can't.

• No.

I judge reputation by amount of "Best Answers Selected"

0|0
    0|0
  • No...

I'm intimidated by lions and panthers

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah they're heavyweights, I'm bantamweight. But I take the long road of trolling to get there, so when I do, I'll be the best pound for pound on this sh*tt.

0|0
    0|0
  • i still don't understand the level thing. so I stopped trying to figure it out.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha, nice.

• How many times you make questions and answer questions. The ratio of Number of Q&A'd : level shows how competent you are. I think... ;P

• NOT AT ALL

0|0
    0|0
  • No

0|0
    0|0
  • I've managed to stop leveling now, I've been a 7 for months haha

0|0
    0|0
  • What dose it real matter what level your at ask long as your having fun asking Questions or answer them some of them can be real fun and some can be real dumb some times but if you help one person then what do you real care what lever you are you have help them out with they troubles

0|0
    0|0
  • level 9 no, I can take them any day, but level 10, they make me tremble with fear

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually no, I look at the experience level and think +experience and levels = more time spent on the computer = more of a loser...

But that's okay. I like losers generally! lol

1|0
    0|0