Is it possible someone looks good (cute/attractive) in real life, but not on photographs?

Someone looks good in real life, but not in the pictures?

and

Someone looks good in photos, but not so much in real life?

0|0
7|6

Most Helpful Guy

• Lots of people will just "take a photo" with whatever camera they have so there are weird shadows on their faces, maybe they had a pimple on their nose that day, odd poses, odd clothing, odd angle, stuff that makes them look uglier in a photograph than they really are. The converse is of course true; lots of makeup, airbrushing, sideways shots, stuff to the point that a photo may look far better than real life.

Even in the time before photography this was a common occurrence; when having a portrait painted, the artist would ask "how would you like me to paint you?" Meaning, you want that big fat mole on your face in the painting, or should I bleep it out?

So yes, oftentimes a person will appear differently in real life vs. a photo. In all truthfulness the "profile photo" is more advertising than anything else.

0|0
    0|0
    • A lot of my friends Facebook, and the differences between their profile photos and descriptions vs. what I know to be true in real life is usually a lot.. The ones who really get into it have the most out-of-this-world BS on their pages.

• One guy has a pic of himself posing in front of a Ferrari in downtown Scottsdale with a caption that says "my favorite ride...love it so much more than my M5". Know how that photo was taken? He rented a suit from a prop store and took the bus to a ritzy nightclub and posed in front of various expensive cars LOL.

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah but its also because 55% of communication is physical (body language, movements, etc.) so you don't get the physical presence of that particular person when only see them in a picture.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I'm one of those guys, completely non photogenic!

0|0
    0|0
  • Story of my life. My friends all say I'm a pretty good looking guy, but when I get photographed I look like Gilbert Gottfried. It's pretty terrible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im the opposite. I photograph horribly, but look good in person.

0|0
    1|0
  • I'd say it's much more common for someone to look "good" in a particular photo but not look good in real life.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah, of course. Especially since a lot of a peoples attractiveness has to do with their personality (charming, funny, etc.), and a picture doesn't show those things. But as far as someone being physically attractive in real life but not in pictures...it's normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. I'm not exactly photogenic, but I can look nice in real life.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah it's called photogenic and not photogenic haha

2|0
    0|0
  • yea I look better in real life and not so good in pics

0|0
    0|0
  • yes that's me. I never take good pics

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, I avoid pictures because I'm not photogenic

0|0
    0|0
  • My sister is that way, she's just not photogenic. For some people, the lighting is never right or there's always a bad angle. And for some people it's the opposite and they look better in pictures than real life. It's a shame because photography is such a beautiful art.

1|0
    0|0