Outside vs inside, what would you choose?

U can be hot/cute very attractive but not as funny as the less attractive girl/guy who would you choose? and why?

just curious =)

Im sorry for not being clear with what I meant, but what I wanted to know was would you rather go for or be the hot attractive boy/girl but not havin this natural charm that comes with a good personality like being funny and so on ,or the opposite?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am happy to say I have both of those traits...but I never realized I do, until my first boyfriend pointed them out to me---

Even the most attractive person in the world would put me off if he had no sense of humor, wasn't good in his very core and had no wisdom whatsoever.

I think smart is sexy ... I think funny is sexy ... I think cute is sexy ... ...

But this may just be me.

See with your heart, not with your eyes.

*hope I helped*

=)

What Guys Said 14

• You don't think you can get the best of both worlds? I would go for a person who has both. I would never just go for the girl who was insanely hot but said things like, " my mom said I can do anything...but she aso used to beat me with a spatula and call me a retard."

Unless they were being sarcastic with that, a red flag shoulda gone up.

I mean look at Paul Rudd, Ryan Reynolds, James Franco and so many others, they are all attractive and funny as f***. Or Tina Fey, Amy Smart, Mila Kunis, all these people are great to look at but can make you laugh. So don't settle for a dumb ass who is hotter than the sun but not that bright.

• ofc you can have best of both worlds! and not many people now a days look ugly as hell but what if someone does but his/her personality is attractive? or the opposite...

just being curious because almost everybody now a days seems to be extremly superficial =)

• Easy one. The attractive person. As to the funny person, that sounds more like a friend. And who would want to date someone you see as a friend? Besides people who are 'funny' can be grating. Because they have no sense of moderation, they think they have to make you laugh over every little thing. Which is probably indicative of some kind of insecurity...

• some people have the ability to make people laugh without even trying,or make people happy.

With the attractive person I meant that he/she is more stiff, they look great but their personality ain't that great.

My boyfriend is my best friend and we communicate better that way and have more fun that way and we understand each other better =)

• Yeah I was gonna say funny ain't necessary an indication of a good personality to me, that's why I was confused. I had a girlfriend that some might describe as uptight, but she was a lovely person, very warm and affectionate, and we nevertheless had great chats together.

• In this world, looks DO matter - for both men and women. Guys, at least, are honest about their superficiality and willing to try and work around it. Very few women I meet are honest about this either with themselves or others.

It's a proven fact that people are willing to donate more to a good-looking bell ringer/charity person than an ugly one, and gender doesn't matter.

In this world, it is better to be good looking than it is to be ugly, just like it is better to be rich than poor.

Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to sound nice or displaying an incredible amount of naivete.

Sorry for coming off like a jerk, I just wish people would be more honest with questions like this. Intellectual dishonesty is something that really bugs me.

• And yes, I do vote for looks. They are that important. You can develop a personality, learn how to be friendly and tell jokes later on. Natural beauty is rare.

• yeah I agree. and this is why the suicide rate with unattractive people is very high. especially in men. guys that are unattractive have it harder than women . its a fact. they have the same feelings for effection and sex as the great looking dudes do. but yet its not met simply for the fact there ugly. and as the world advances in time its going to get worse

• Well, the truth is most everyone has a good, funny, engaging, whatever personality. You just have to give them a chance, and that's where looks come in. Being in sales I talk to lots of people and can tell you that I have made sales solely because I was the only one willing to talk to that weird old farmer-jon looking guy whom everyone else was avoiding because he was dressed funny.

Looks, unfortunately, is "where it's at."

• More importantly, I'd choose to have the BRAINS. I actually don't prefer my looks, if there is such a thing as preference. If we are going based off of perceptions or whatever, then I don't fit my looks. I'm not some kind of people person though I'm constantly asked about "all" of my friends. I only have 2 close friends, and I'm generally cautious with everyone else. I don't seem, just from my looks, like I should act the way I do but here I am.

So yeah, looks don't mean much to me. I'd much rather have my brains and all that over my looks.

• Generally speaking I choose personality over looks. But if you're lacking only one personality trait then I may go for looks. Basically if she's not that funny, but still fun to be around, then I'll take her looks over the other girl who is less pretty, funnier, and all other aspects the same. If by contrast, she had no personality what-so-ever, then I'd take the girl with personality.

• idk which I'd give up, cause I'm both ; )

but I guess I'd rather be funny.

• i'm blessed with both :) I developed a personality before I realized I was attractive and I also had gfs before that fact.. then the older I got the more I took care of myself and my body and now I have both.. this proved to me personality outweighs looks.. you can be ugly and have a personality but you can't be good looking and boring.. that is if you want true love

• I'd rather be hot. Let's be honest, it's worth more.

• maybe it is, maybe its not =)

• i personally look for both.. if the personality is good enough I can look past the looks.. as long as I am attracted to her physically somewhat

• a good personality takes away many flaws but its not easy getting turned on by someone who looks ugly as hell, hahah =)

• EASY:

I would rather be:

The Dumb hottie

or

The Funny Fatso

A womans looks are more important than what she says... in my opinion

A good looking guy is pretty worthless if he can't talk...

• looks make it all happen,I can date mildy ugly chck but there's a line you just can't cross.

• The hot girl for sex.

• Outside - you can learn how to be funny or fake an attractive personality if necessary.

• That is NOT true at all...

People (the ones who are not complete idiots) will see through that the second you open your mouth and 'try to be funny...or pretend you're smart...'.

• you can't fake humour, eighter you are funny, or your not, I'm guessing your not, cause you think you can fake it... it is easier to change the way you look, than to change your personality. that's just the way it is.

• I'm funny but really ugly so I'd choose attractive.

• better being funny then boring my dear =D

• im a good looking girl and I dated all kinds of people and I noticed that how you look really doesn't matter in the end! and that's a fact! someone who knows how to treat a person with repect/honesty and so on, that matters! But confidence is REALLY important and that is something I think you lack because if you feel good in yourself and love yourself for who you are other people will too even nice looking girls! =)

• Well, it's hard to be confident and "love yourself" when you've never been given a compliment by the opposite sex, or attention. I'm not a virgin, but just once I'd like to meet a girl who likes me as much as I like her.

What Girls Said 19

• Luckily, in the real world, you don't have to be less attractive to be funny or nice or cool.

All attraction starts with the outside. So, with everyone having a different definition of attractive, there is someone for everyone. I observe couples and they do not all look like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. Lot's of "unattractive" people have relationships. Many classically attractive people do not.

Once you are snared by the physical, well everything else about a person can make or break whether this will turn into love and a L/T relationship or not. So, we all choose both the outside and the inside, in various combinations with some elements being more important to us and some being less important.

• Personality usually wins out, unless the person is physically revolting...

For example, I never considered fat, hairy-chested guys as attractive at all. I much preferred the lean, smooth types. I also preferred blue or green eyes.

Then I met a fat, hairy guy with a great sense of humour and a lovely smile, and lively, brown eyes. His personality changed the way I viewed his physical aspects. Suddenly the dark eyes were appealing, and the hairy chest exotic, and the fat belly was cute...

So if their personality grabs you, then you can learn to love their body, with all it's supposedly "unattractive" foibles, simply because it's theirs.

That said, it does depend just how unattractive they are... There are obviously degrees, and there are some things which it's simply not possible for me to overcome (though others' tastes differ, obviously).

• Inside. I understand physical attraction, but who wants to be stuck with a vapid, boring person, albeit gorgeous? There's no fun in it! I'd rather have an awesome personality! It would be like being stuck with a doll.

• haha yea I agree with u! =D a good personality makes someone in a diffrent way beautiful =)

• I would say that it depends, I feel like looks are more important to guys than to girls, but guys don't really have to be really good looking, as long as they are "fun enough" but girls have to be pretty, and lots of times personality doesn't count... this bothers me...

• totally agree with you on that!

• I would choose less attractive but funny.

If someone is not your typical "model" handsome but they have an amazing personality, I will find them physically attractive.

If I see a guy that looks like he stepped out of a Calvin Klein ad, but has a horrible personality, I will not find him physically attractive at all.

If it amazing how the mind works. I recognize that I do it but I have no control over it.

• if you want a real relationship with someone who isn't shallow and just looking toi get into your pants then personality will always win in the end.

• And how often does that seem to happen?

• It's unfortunate that most young people don't think this way.

• when you fall in love with someone you don't care about sex as much as the shallow people do,like teenagers =) but they grow up someday...not everybody is like that doe.

but sex is important in a relationship! but its so much more then just pleasure but most people don't look at it that way =/

• The inside is what really matters. I can even be attracted to a guy if he doesn't have a good personality.

• what is good looking,you want to show him off or do you want a real relationship!who do you feel most does it for you ,the funny one who will always stay the same as that is his character, or the good looking one whos center of attention to most but does he do that for you,

• Alot of people would say personality over looks just for the sake of saying it, or they would say that looks are more important because that's just the way our society is these days..

but I honestly mean it when I say. looks mean nothing to me, of course its a bonus..

but i`d choose a guy who makes me laugh, who's a good person, who is there for me and everything else that comes along with that than somebody who is 'good looking' and is cocky and boring

• Less attractive, beauty fades, personality only get's brighter(:

• I guess both are important, but having a good sense of humour is always something I look for in a guy. Having a good personality can make people seem way more attractive, and I normally end up going for the funny guy. :)

• I honestly could not be with a guy who couldn't make me laugh. A lot of times I'll think a guy is unattractive, but after I get to know him then he becomes just plain delicious.

• those with great personalities only, make for great friends. It's just as easy to enjoy someones with in a platonic relationship.

For me - relationships start with attraction

• superfical or what...haha

for me you can be attractive by the way you are, act, carry yourself,posetive attitude,selfconfidence and so much more.

relationship based on only physical attraction is good for , A: Status B: sex C: nothing more.

Believe me I know haha.

but yea attraction is important but not only for physical part.

• if you like someone, but your not attracted to them physically - why would you want to be something more than friends? You can appreciate someones inner beauty by being friends, if that's what attracting you to them.

all you did was list ways someone with only natural charm can make themselves more attractive to you. Meaning you wouldn't be with someone unless you felt that attraction either.

So what - an ugly person has to be totally great in every other way before you consider them?

• i would choose the less atractive guy whos funny because I really hate shallow guys

• If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

• love is blinded by lust... the mind don't know what real love is but the heart does...

• I would say personality because looks can only get you so far. Then again you also have to physically attracted to one another, so I would say a bit of both.

• Very attractive but less funny. Looks are more important.

• i would want to be cuter

• Inside in all seriousness.

Because I just went through situations which made me realize that what is in the inside that countS.

• yep true! =) you can have a great personality but that still maybe don't attract some people because you don't look good enough, for some people the outside is very very important and I know many people of that kind haha

• Yea but honestly

you meet to guys

1-is the hottest but is so rude,mean and cold and don't know anything about romance,just a d***head.

2-is a really nice,caring,kind and romantic guy but not that hot,just an average looking.

who would you choose?

the first1?

why I said personality?

because looks will fade by the time and then the hot guy will turn to be the ugly guy with his ugly personality.

• Well, the problem with that example is that the hottest guy isn't rude and/or cold with no knowledge of romance, while the "really nice guy" isn't particularly romantic, funny, entertaining, whatever. So you have a choice between a guy who is attractive and one who is, well, average. You don't find out the things you listed until weeks, months, or God help you years later.

It would be nice to see what's on the inside, but the truth is you can't - outside comes first. That's just life.