What do you prefer, looks or personality?

Say you meet a really great person but they're not all that physically attractive and then you meet the person of your dreams but only from the outside and discover they are completely weird and have the worst bland personality, which would you chose, looks or personality! Answer honestly :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Person of my dreams would not have "the worst bland personality". You have to have at least a little bit of both looks and personality to be serious dating material in my book. If all you have is looks, all I will do is look at you. If all you have is personality, you can be a friend, but romantic stuff just isn't possible without some sort of physical attraction.

What Guys Said 6

• like society, I am incredibly superficial and I love looks. however, if the girl has a terrible or even mildly annoying personality then I WILL NOT go any further than a one night stand.

just realized how much of a d*** that makes me sound.

• of course inner beauty is the most important factor and is a must... but, looks are still an important initial attractor (especially for guys - I wish I could be more like a chick and not care so much!)

Ask your heart what it wants. Follow your heart :)

Being true to yourself is the most important thing.

• as guys of cos its looks more important..

but I'm really curious girls, if a guy's personality is kind, caring, funny, are you really that sure that you are going to get with him even though he's ugly? I'm sure you'd at least demand that he has to look average at least.

• Girls select men based on their personality, it's approximately 80% personality and 20% looks.

Men select women based on their looks, it's approximately 80% looks 20% personality.

We do this because of "survival and replication", it's something that most people are unaware of and is hard-wired into our brains. Primates do the same thing (subconsciously).

• depends...lets say there's a girl that's 10/10 sh*tty personality... and a 6/10 or 7/10 with a good personality...then id pick 6/10 or/710

• personality

What Girls Said 6

• Personality matters more than anything. If a guy has a great personality, one that I'm attracted to, I will become attracted to him physcially. I never find men attractive when I first meet them because I need to know who they are in the inside to even consider them good looking, strange huh...

• I would go with the person with the great personality based upon the two options you have given me, however, it takes more than a great personality to woo me.

• I like both good looks and personality because it all depends on the type of person it is.There are plenty of nice looking people with great personalities out there!

• If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

• definitely the personality

• I would pick the first guy with the great personality. I don't know if this is a hypothetical question, but it's happened to me before and I picked the nice guy who was interesting and lovely lol

• It is hypothetical but it has happened to me aswell. Definitely ditched the hot jerk and went for the good guy :)