I like him a lot, but he's my best friend.?

We hang out almost every single day. It's been like that for months. He is my missing piece. In the past, he has questioned his sexual orientation. (He's sort of metro.) And he's one of those guys that changes his mind a lot. He hasn't been in a relationship since middle school. He's really difficult to read, and I honestly think that's part of what makes him so attractive in my eyes. He also has self-image issues and is really self-conscious of his body. About a week ago, he told me he's beginning to like me, so I told him how I felt and we sort of discussed getting into a relationship. But we haven't talked about it since. I'm not sure if he still feels that way. I want to ask him. But he's warned me before to not ask him about his relationships and who he likes, etc. So I'm sort of afraid that things will blow up in my face.

Should I tell him that I want to move forward with our relationship, or should I wait for him to come to me?

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds like you're in a very tough situation. I've been there myself a time or two. Just based on what you've said about your friend, it seems like he has a lot of soul-searching to do. He is unclear of who he is and what direction he wants for his life. He's not even sure what type of person he wants to evolve into.

This is his struggle with self-awareness and identity. As his closest friend, it might be better for you to be supportive in this before you guys try for a relationship. Don't force him into any categories yet if he hasn't even figured out his sexual orientation, much less what he wants in a romantic partner. If the friendship isn't worth losing, slow down and figure out what is. Then figure out where to go from there.

What Girls Said 0