Do you think pea coats look good/ in style now, on men?

I know I shouldn't care what others think but I do. I need a new jacket and my friend suggested I get one of these jackets but I don't really see that many people in them or know if they are in style.

I am not exactly sure how you would wear it though just over a shirt? my friend wears his over a hoodie/ sweat shirt

Most Helpful Girl

• I have two guy friends that have pea coats. I wouldn't really know if they're "in style" because the guys I hang out with aren't that type of people, but I have seen a few of them around recently just in places like the mall, stores, etc.

My favorite guy friend cannot pull it off to save his life, though. He loves hats and he's constantly wearing all sorts of them and it looks REALLY stupid with the coat. I actually laughed at him quite a lot about it. :P

But my other friend pulls it off quite nicely and it just kinda seems like something he would wear and that's why it works. He actually really cute in it. =]

It all depends on what type of person you are, your style, if you can pull it off. I think (just an opinion here) that you kinda have to be thin and a little lanky to wear one. It's not the most manly of coats, but if you wear it right, then you will be seen as having very good taste.

So, basically, if you can pull it off, definitely wear it. I would probably pick a black or a gray if I were you. Hope this helped!

What Girls Said 5

• pea coats are awesome!

i have 2 pea coats that I got last week ( navy blue& black one) they go with everything, I can look like a bum and throw on a pea coat and id still look some what decent lmao. but these coats are like classic pieces they never got out of style. where I'm from (CT) a lot of people have them and in new york a lot of people wear them as well. they look great on men, I suggest you get a black one because it will go with most of your outfit and maybe a size bigger in case you layer your clothes like sweaters and such

• love the look on guys

• Yes they look very nice and sophisticated to me. I always thought peacoats were unisex. Not too many guys wear them, but most guys aren't really stylish like that.

You would wear a peacoat like you would any other jacket. You could layer it over a hoodie/sweatshirt if it's very cold.

• Pea coats are nice. Go for it.

• yes! I think its very attractive.

What Guys Said 1

• I think they are really in style.