Should I be swayed?

I've been considering getting my hair cut short for a while now, and the question has become urgent because my hair is extremely damaged and something needs to be done. The only problem is that my boyfriend hates short hair. I know it is my decision but now I'm feeling a little insecure about the idea. I don't think he'd break up with me over it and I have a strong feeling that he may change his mind after seeing it, but still, I need help.

thank you everyone for the great advice. I'm cutting my hair as soon as I make an appointment. I don't understand why people get scared of girls with short hair but it mostly makes them look classier and more confident in my opinion.
so I broke up with my boyfriend and then got my haircut. after seeing it, he wanted me back, lol. serves him right

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do you feel insecure about it? YOu think he will start checking out other women with long hair? Or break up with you?

First of all, if he breaks up with you because you cut your hair, and he doesn't like how it looks, then f*** him. You should be thankful he broke up with you coz, who wants to be with a guy who is ONLY about looks? Good thing you found out about that early in the relationship. I mean, we won't look "good" forever, right?

As for your hair, cut it! Especially if its damaged. YOur hair will grow slower with split ends, and stuff, and it will look -- ugly.

After you cut your hair, and you realize YOU don't like it, then have extensions done, or buy those clip on half wigs (Sorry I don't konw how you call it). They look so natural, and healthier than your umm damaged hair.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, I don't know what "damaged" means, but if you want to cut your hair short, then do it. If your boyfriend makes a big deal about it then all that tells you about him is that he cared more about little things that don't matter than the big things that do. If that's the case, break up with him and move on. It would have happened sooner or later anyway.

• You have a very good point, thank you for your answer.

• Well said weaponzero :)

by the way, have you seen hair that looks like a broom?or that could be used as a broom? damaged hair looks like that. haha

Ok I exaggerated... its when the hair ends look dry and crisp. I know you won't notice these things though. Just an FYI :)

• yeah sometimes I rather a girl with not short/short hair but you know as the people said here its all about the feelings. so if you think it will look good than go for it. if he doesn't like it than its his own fault and if he leaves you over it well than he wasn't that good anyways. because you can't have a long relationship with someone that only likes you for your looks.

What Girls Said 6

• Do it! I had to do the same thing. Probably had to cut off almost 4 inches. I bleached it blonde and it totally killed my hair so when I went back dark I had it cut to my shoulders. Plus, my hair is so thick that it's heavy in a ponytail and gives me headaches. My husband loves my hair long (what is it with guys and long hair?) but I told him it's my body and I'm gonna do with it what I want. He saw it today in pictures and said he actually preferred it. If you want, there are websites where you can try on different styles with your picture. Do it with your boyfriend so he can get an idea of what it will look like. Plus, it's healthy for your hair to cut off the damaged stuff, and you'll be surprised how fast it will grow at first!

• Thanks for your advice, I have myself checked out those sites and I personally think they make me look funny but I don't have very many good pics =/

• Cut your hair! Damaged hair is so much more unattractive than short hair. Really, any healthy hair is beautiful! Just cut your hair, and if your boyfriend starts acting like a jerk because of it (which I think he won't do), then dump him! No one needs an idiot in their lives!

• See it never pays to do something someone elses way.cuz a lot of times they end up liking it anyways! You plan on taking him back hehe.just curious.

• Seriously? Fk him! You need to do what you need to do! If you need to cut your hair for the sake of your hair looking good, then dammit do it! I just cut mine short in a pixie like katie holmes, and you know what, it will grow back. And maybe you can compromise a little, can you cut it to your chin? or shoulders? that's still long enough for a pony tail!

• Wow I'm thinking of going all katie holmes style too. I think I need bangs for my face shape but I doubt I can salvage enough hair for even a chin cut. I'd like to see pics of your haircut, it sounds awesome!

• I changed my profile picture so you can see what my cut looks like!

• Wow I really like it!! looks great on you =]

• YOU GO GIRL! :*

• I say go for it!.you never know what the outcome of something is going to be until you try it.I just recently cut my hair massively short because of the summer, it being so hot and all, and I love it and so does everyone else.