Guys thoughts on UGG boots ?

I got some black expensive Uggs for Christmas! I told this guy I was talking to, and the first thing he said was ugh, I hate Uggs they are hideous and such a turn off. I like them they are so comfortable and cute. do I keep them?

Most Helpful Girl

• The initial thought that comes to mind is to keep them on those casual days where you need something warm and cozy to put on your feet. When you're on a date with your boyfriend, however, wear a boot that is more stylish. There is no need to get rid of them but there is also no need to wear them frequently. Don't get me wrong, it is indeed your own personal preference whether you choose to wear "unattractive" (in some views) footwear vs. a high heel boot bringing some sex appeal to your overall look. Only you can decide how you want to be portrayed on any given day.

As a model, I realize how important footwear really is to give you the right image. Someone like yourself though would probably go with the flow of things and follow this "fashion" trend just because its the norm. Most teenage girls wear uggs at school for the main reason being they are comfortable or because it's the new style (I'll use that word loosely). I wear them on occasion, and my boyfriend does not state or notice anything unusual about their appearance. Moreover, boots should not determine how physically or sexually attractive you are. Uggs are removable, after all.

In short, you keep the uggs. Why? Because someone bought them for you at a high price, and because you seemingly know the answer to your own question. They are comfortable...and if you believe they're cute ... then wear them. Although, for me, "cute" could spark debate.

What Guys Said 3

• Don't worry about what other people think.

If you like the boots then wear them. If you don't like the boots then don't wear them. Don't dress how someone else wants you to dress.

Dress how you want to dress. Then only will you be more comfortable and confident in who you are.

I think many people live their lives for other people these days.

• I agree with that guy. Keeping them is up to you.

• I don't know where all the Ugg hate is coming from,... I for one love it and think its cute on girls

What Girls Said 11

• Of course you keep them

do not get rid of something you like just because a guy doesn't like them. I'm sure you don't like some of the stuff he has or wears yet he wouldn't get rid of them just because you didn't like them. My boyfriend doesn't like ugg boots but he bought them for me anyways as a gift. Plus you would need them for the winter and the insides are so warm and comfy. They aren't the stylish boots ever but they are one of the most comfiest. I know a few guys that do like them but I know a lot that do.

• I agree with that guy, they're hideous.

• Duuuh you keep them.

If you had to get rid of everything you have based on if another person likes it or not, then you would pretty much have nothing. I personally think that they're comfortable and cute too, and the fact that you think that, answers your own question that you shouldn't get rid of them. And if shoes are really a deal breaker in this guys' eyes (which I can't imagine), then he's obviously not worth it :)

• first time I saw UGG boots, I thought they were hideous and couldn't comprehend why they became so popular. Now, I don't see them to be as hideous as I saw them before, because it's so normal to see someone wearing them. However, I still would never buy them. UGGly.

haha anyway keep them since you like them, I doubt a guy would avoid you just because you choose to wear them...a lot of girls do anyway so they have to accept that.

• Do you like them? If yes

Keep them! It's your gift and not someone elses.

• Yes you keep them.I see plenty of girls with UGG boots having boyfriends.Clearly they are not unattractive enough to stop the guy from liking the girl.I never understood why people think they are so hideous...is it because they can't afford them or what?They look like any other boots.Anyways,keep them.

• All boots suck.

• Not every girl dresses for guys.I couldn't care less

• Eh that's fine with me It's just shoes. Not like the boot is on your face or something.(Obviously a boot wouldn't be on your face but you get what I mean.)

• i agree with the guy, I hate them as well.

but, I have a totally different taste in fashion. everyone has different tastes so you shouldn't get rid of them because a guy doesn't like them, he isn't the one wearing them!

• " I like them they are so comfortable and cute. " Sounds like you answered your own question. If YOU like them and YOU think they are comfortable and cute, who cares what anyone else thinks. I say keep them and wear them.

• OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO KEEP THEM!

i don't think that you should get rid of them because a guy told you he doesn't like them, if you like them, you keep them, everyone is different! :P

• You sound excited about them and you like them. So keep them. You're the one who has to see them every time you wear them. Screw what others think. Your fashion and style shouldn't define you as a person.

• it's stupid to get rid of them cause some guy doesn't like them. And plus uggs are WARM