Do you think a photograph of yourself is a better representation of how you look to other people?

I always think I look better in pics than I do in real life. Now I am not photogenic by any means, but lately I have taken some really good pics. And I look at them and then I look in the mirror and it is like looking at my uglier twin. But I had to have looked good to take a good opicture right? So I am wondering, do you think a photograph of yourself is a better representation of how you look to other people, or is looking in the mirror a better representation?

Most Helpful Guy

• I see the dilema here. What you must understand though is that a photograph may or may not contain all the answers to who you are. A picture can say a thousand words, but you as a person can give a life story, which is worth far more than a picture. Do you want people to remember you by your pictures or you? What you need to focus on is you. Work on yourself, improve in areas where you see weakness. Not only will you be represented better, but others WILL notice the change. Then, you can go take a picture of a more confident you! But this still isn't the best option, just a suggestion.

Focus, stare, gaze into that mirror until you see something about yourself that you see as beautiful. After that, look deeper, and find something else- you for who you really are. Now you may or may not like this result, but it needs to be done. Keep doing this until you feel good about yourself as a person. I'm sure right now you may think there aren't many attractive qualities, but that's because it sounds like you haven't "faced" the real you in a while. Even if you don't look good- like myself, there are redeeming qualities in personality/eyes. So why not give it a try?

What Guys Said 2

• It really depends on the person I think. For me, I'm not sure. Sometimes I look better in photos, sometimes not, I can't really pin anything down.

As a girl though, you may be a bit more self-conscious, so it would explain this. I can say though, if your profile picture is a picture of you, you have a really wonderful smile. And trust me, smiles are smiles wherever they are, pictures or real life. : )

• I don't think photos are necessarily the best representation of how others see you. I've seen plenty of pics of other people that haven't struck me being what they look like to me.

What Girls Said 2

• I am the least photogenic person I know. No matter how good I think I look the photos always turn out horrid. But mirrors aren't correct representations either, because they flip everything. I find that the truest image of myself is video, be it on my mobile or a web cam.

• you know, sometimes I turn out looking good in pics and sometimes I don't. I think it has to do with the setting and lighting does ALOT of a difference