Style for a bigger guy?

I'm Six foot Five 275 lbs...I'm not a bum when it comes to dressing up lol but I tend to wear clothes that make me look even bigger than I already am...any suggestions?

What Girls Said 2

• Wear V-neck shirts

V-necks are a great way to create the illusion of a slimmer neckline, particularly if you have a double chin, as they place emphasis on your chest area instead of on your neck. When it comes to dress shirts, choose ones with very pointed collars to focus others’ attention on your face. Avoid turtlenecks completely as they will make your neck disappear, meaning that you’ll look shorter and, therefore, bigger.

Wear three-button blazers

Avoid one- and two-button blazers. Instead, go for blazers with three buttons. They are just as classic as two-button blazers, but they will elongate your body and make you appear taller and, therefore, thinner. As well, always leave the top button on your blazer undone as it will stop your clothes from pulling, particularly in the area around your middle, and consequently, your movement will seem less restricted.

Stand up straight

It’s a tried-and-true tip: Work on your posture. Standing up as straight as possible will make you look like you just dropped 10 to 15 pounds and will also make you feel and act more confident -- a trait that most people find quite attractive. To appear even slimmer, buy shoes with a small heel of about half an inch to one inch.

Avoid bulky blazers

Avoiding bulky fabrics means that chunky wool sweaters are a big no-no. To stay warm in the winter, go crazy for cashmere as it provides warmth without adding bulk to your figure. Or, try a dress shirt and V-neck sweater vest combination as the sweater vest will keep you warm while also smoothing out your midsection and love handles. For suits, choose softer wools so that the fabric is as thin as possible. Invest in high-quality, lightweight wool suits if you can afford them as these will be the most flattering suits for your body and you’ll feel and look like a million bucks when you put them on.

Wear pants with a longer hem

Wear your pants long to seem taller and thinner. They should hit almost at the ground to really lengthen your body. If you’re wearing shoes with a slight heel, the bottom of your pants should hit about a quarter to a half inch above the heel, no more.

• Read this- link

What Guys Said 0