Guys - When you initially meet a girl, what makes you attracted to her?

Let me elaborate on the question...

When you first meet a girl and take notice of her appearance, style, personality, etc. what makes you think of a girl as more than a friend? What is the "spark" or gut feeling that makes you want to date her? Is it a certain way she interacts with you that makes you feel connected to her more than in a platonic-way? What is it about her? Does being playful and having witty banter and a teasing-like repertoire encourage you to flirt?

I should have put - AFTER you initially meet a girl and get to know her, what makes you attracted to her? My description does a better job at what I'm getting at rather than the question in the title.

Most Helpful Guy

• Eyes, smile, hair, cute face, her nice body "smooth skin/ curves etc." and the way she presents herself. I don't value a girl that gives herself up real easy or has slept around a lot. But I also don't appreciate a girl that plays too much of "hard to get". And if she knows how to smile/laugh and have a good time then she's definitely on my mind. I really like a girl who enjoys life.

As harsh as it sounds, looks catch my eye at the start. But I think looks are the first thing that attracts everybody so you can't point fingers at me haha. But after looks you really start to notice her personality. That goes back to what I said, I really like a girl that knows how to have a good time, smile, laugh, and just things along that line.

What Guys Said 9

• Generally the quirky things do it for me. I was at the supermarket a few weeks ago and in the produce section there was a slightly-overweight-but-still-pretty redhead who was wearing a thundercats t-shirt. The fact that she was wearing that t-shirt did more for me than anything looks related ever could have. Also, if she's witty with a cynical sense of humor.

• thats easy, she actually likes talking to me! After the first encounter she is under no obligation to talk to me if she doesn't want to, or talk to me ever again, but when you spend almost 2 hours talking with a complete stranger that you met on the bus and then have lunch with her it's kinda hard not to be attracted.

also I like Redheads (curse my Irish genes!)

• i think initially its mostly about looks and her body when it comes to attraction

• her style and personality and her eyes especially her eyes.

• what's with the eyes? how would eyes be to attract you?

• The 1st thing you notice is her DIDDIES and especially her BUM. I'm only saying what every1 else is afraid to say

• i don't know the right word for it but I'm going to say chemistry. sometimes you know right away if she's going to be a sister-like friend or girlfriend material.

• Well since I'm too stupid to talk to girls I have to go with looks alone. Cute clothes, cute face, and a nice smile will do it for me. I of course check out ass and all that.

• Personality is top priority for me. If we seem to have a lot in common and she is polite and seems different from the typical [insert age here]-year-old girl then I might be interested. However, I don't know if I'm really interested until I get to know her better.

• It always starts with looks.. and if the personality is there, guys will start categorizing women into 2 groups.. short term or long term material

What Girls Said 0