Guys does it matter what type of cloths a girl wears?

So if a a girl is really pretty but wears nonattractive cloths ( like emo Gothic or just out of style cloths) make a deference on weather you think they are attractive or your first impression

i am not emo

Most Helpful Guy

• Extremes are bad; average is alright but it doesn't help; nice clothes are a plus.

Take your pick: If your dressing emo (hairstyle/pants/shirt/bracelets/etc) then I'll probably be turned off. But if you were to wear tight pants I doubt you could say you dress emo. And if you were to ONLY wear top name designer clothes, I'd probably think you were out of my league.

Personally, I love women in sweats and a sports bra for around the house, or a nice flirty dress for a date, and maybe a pair of blue jeans and a T for just average attire. No need to overdress but if your clothes are from the 1850s it's safe to say you need a new wardrobe.

~ ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 6

• yup, I like any clothes that shows off a girls ass. However, you could wear out of style clothes and still be pretty. Extreme emo Gothic clothes will just attract emo boys. I don't think the black clothes are attractive. A girl who can mix and match colors is always nice.

• it's not the biggest of deals to me

• What's wrong with emo Gothic stuff? (One of my kids is very into it, and she's quite clothes conscious).

For me it would have to be something very extreme to have a negative impact on me (eg the Gaga meat outfit).

• nothin is wrong with it I was into that kind of stuff once I was scene the big hair with bright colored high lights very fun

• It REALLY does matter! I really care for my clothing and go shopping 2-3 times a week. Up until now, my gf's were similiar and got a really good style...

emo stuff... well... I used to wear this stuff a year ago. I can say its very expensive to change to a common style. You really get tired of this stuff after a while.

Emo style is a turn-off to me now, even although I used to wear this stuff too.

• To honestly answer that question, I would say no. Clothes should not be attributed to the person or personality. Though, I usually find myself guilty of first impression. But wear whatever make you feel happy.

• If the guy is emo or goth he will like you. For me personally I would prefer some more girly style clothes or T shirt and jeans if you're more the tom boy type girl. Your style will reflect your personality and attract guys with similar tastes so you should just do what you want while still taking a little consideration into what type of guy you want to attract if that makes any sense.

What Girls Said 2

• Guys these days are wayyyy to opinionated on girls' clothes. Girls are girls, and they dress how they like. If a very pretty, sweet girl approaches you, don't go all fashion critic on her. Don't get me wrong, guys can have their opinions on girls' clothes! But it shouldn't be a big deal. If she dresses like an emo or goth, maybe she's sad or had some problems with her family. If she wears stuff from the 90s, maybe she has financial problems or doesn't know how to dress. NOT EVERY GIRL COMES WITH AN ELLE MAGAZINE EDITOR BUILT IN TO HER BRAIN. If she is dressing like Lady Gaga's worst days, go ahead and be vocal about it. If she doesn't wear clothes like the popular snobs do, don't automatically think she's out of the question. Girls are just girls and we try to look good, but it's not easy. No offense to guys or girls- I'm not trying to offend anyone or be rude. It's just when guys comment about girls' hair or clothes in a negative fashion, it crushes them. If my snobby friend doesn't particularly like my top, she can suck it up and deal with it. If a guy says something negative about my top, I immediately think there's something wrong with me or that I'm ugly. That's just the way it is.

• has you ever heard of the phrase dress for success?