What medication helped your acne?

I don't have bad acne on my face, just moderate-ish. I have body acne though. Its on my back, and it's sorta bad, and on my chest too. So, what helped you guys? Thanks guys!

Most Helpful Girl

• Accutane + Epiduo for me.

The dermatologist is your best bet.

Although if you're talking about over the counter products,you have to learn what works for your skin and what doesn't.

A few things you have to take into consideration are:

-Acne type

-Skin type

-Other ingredients

Acne Type

If you have whiteheads,blackheads or pustules(cysts) you should use a cleanser with Salicylic Acid

If you have papules you should use a cleanser with Benzoyl Peroxide

Skin Type:

If you have oily/Acne prone skin use a gel like cleanser

If you have dry/sensitive skin use a creamy cleanser

High end or drugstore brands

Neutrogena,AcneFree,Clean & Clear and Oxy are good drugstore brands

Dermalogica,Clinique,Bliss and Murad are good higher end brands

Depends.Some people are allergic to Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide

Other ingredients:

Just depends

Acne on your body:

Use Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash with a back cleanser that has bristles once a day or 2-3x a week:

Then the 2nd time you cleanse or on alternate days use a cleanser with an antibacterial such as Dial or SoftSoap.

For your face:

-Cleanse,tone and moisturize 2x a day.

Your cleanser should match your skin and acne type.

Your toner should be alcohol free.Witch Hazel is great for people with acne prone/oily skin.You can just apply it to affected areas,perhaps once a day,as to not irritate your skin

Your moisturizer should be oil free

-Exfoliate 1-2x a week.St.Ives Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub is good for those with acne.They also have a green tea scrub for people with acne.It's more gentle.

-Use a masque once a week.Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque is PERFECT for oily and acne prone skin.

Once a week,cleanse your skin,but do not apply any products to your skin,your skin needs time to breath!

Again,a dermatologist is your best bet.

What Guys Said 2

• I used Accutane as prescribed by my dermatologist. I had moderate to pretty bad acne on my face and I had a little bit on my back. It really helped me a lot, I'm more confident, outgoing, and overall just feel better about myself after clearing up all of my acne. Although I have some scarring on one side of my face and a bit of scarring on my back (I'm going back to my doctor to see what can be done) it has helped me tremendously and it cleared up fairly quickly.

That's just what worked for me. I have seen commercials about how Accutane has given some IBS and some other disease but I guess I just got lucky.

• I think birth control can help some girls with acne.

What Girls Said 2

• Salina's skincare routine...

for exfoliating my face I really really love the Queen Helene oatmeal and honey natural facial scrub link it smells amazing and honey is suppose to help with acne prone skin. I read it from acne.org and read reviews about honey. I like how the grains in this product are small so it isn't harsh on my skin . your suppose to only exfoliate 2 or 3 times a week to remove the dead layers off your face.

I also love the Queen Helene mint julep masque, what you do is you put it on your face and let it sit for 15 min and rinse off, I use it once in a while if I get a break out . link

i switch cleansers every 3 months so my skin doesn't get use to it and stop working but right now I'm using desert essence the one that has tea tree oil in it and its probably one of my favorite cleansers, tea tree oil is also good with acne. and before this cleanser I was using neutrogena acne stree control, it gave my skin a minty feeling , I thought it was OK but it took a while to see some results but I did like the smell .

i also use this pink scrubblet thingy brush while cleansing my face

you should also give your skin a break from all the cleansers just for a day just use water rinse with warm water first to open up the pores then cold to close the pores

try to tone down on how many skincare products you use

and if your looking for something for acne scar try mederma, I have been using it for 3 week and saw improvement but it tends to dry out your skin

dont ever sleep on your face

drink lots of water

Always rub your face in circular motions upwards/outwards while putting facewash or cream. prevents the skin from sagging as you age.

also try a egg white mask at least once a week, I love it!

also take vitamin 3 pills (I take it once a day before a meal)

• I used clindamycin phosphate topical solution on my face, and my skin is pretty good. As for your body, try a Neutrogena or Clean & Clear acne body wash. That should clear it right up. And make sure you drink plenty of water.