I'm going to start off by saying I don't consider myself to be old fashioned. I'm actually a leftist libertarian. However, it just kills me when I see a pretty girl who has all this junk in her nose, eyebrow, lips. Everyone's style is their own -but we all know some people just can't pull it off. Is it peer pressure to conform to recent trends, rebellion, or just teen angst that causes this self mutilation?
Also the exceeding prevelence of trite and banal tattoos sickens me. Somewhat ironic people who get tattoos - once intended for individuality- all get the same ones. A "tramp stamp", some diamonds or stars, chinese letters, etc.
I can't fathom how someone can be so impetuous about permanantly altering their body with piercings or tattoos. Am I the only one ?
Most Helpful Girl
Yes completely agree.
It's laughable that people think putting a hole and a metal bolt/ring in their head would make them more appealing. Or that turning themselves into a walking doodle board is attractive.
But what everyone on here is going to say is:
- Everyone has their own taste, they like it, so why should they care what others think
- they like to be different (well put "tramp-stamp"... funny)
- each to his own
- it doesn't affect you, so why do you care
- Some people suit a nose piercing or an eyebrow piercing etc.
- their body, their choice
- freedom of expression, blah blah blah