Does anyone else find nose rings, piercings, and tattoos unattractive?

I'm going to start off by saying I don't consider myself to be old fashioned. I'm actually a leftist libertarian. However, it just kills me when I see a pretty girl who has all this junk in her nose, eyebrow, lips. Everyone's style is their own -but we all know some people just can't pull it off. Is it peer pressure to conform to recent trends, rebellion, or just teen angst that causes this self mutilation?

Also the exceeding prevelence of trite and banal tattoos sickens me. Somewhat ironic people who get tattoos - once intended for individuality- all get the same ones. A "tramp stamp", some diamonds or stars, chinese letters, etc.

I can't fathom how someone can be so impetuous about permanantly altering their body with piercings or tattoos. Am I the only one ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes completely agree.

It's laughable that people think putting a hole and a metal bolt/ring in their head would make them more appealing. Or that turning themselves into a walking doodle board is attractive.

But what everyone on here is going to say is:

- Everyone has their own taste, they like it, so why should they care what others think

- they like to be different (well put "tramp-stamp"... funny)

- each to his own

- it doesn't affect you, so why do you care

- Some people suit a nose piercing or an eyebrow piercing etc.

- their body, their choice

- freedom of expression, blah blah blah

• a thoroughly comprehensive anticipation. let's see if anyone surprises us ;)

• lol k...i know this because I asked the same question a year ago :p wow did I receive a lashing

What Girls Said 6

• I can understand the stupidity of a tattoo. Square chunks of scarring from lazers doesn't look good. But piercings? I have my septum done, and whenever I feel like it, I can just flip it up and it looks as if I never would have one. Some people really can't pull off piercings, though (I'm not sure whether this applies to me, too :/)

I think it's only self-mutilation if it can never, ever be fixed. That's just my thought. As well as these tacky homejob piercings, and less prevalently, tattoos. If they can't spare $60 to get it done without the chance of suffering from infection and horrible scarring, then they shouldn't get one :)

• I want tattoo's, and I have my tongue and ears pierced and plan on getting others.

It doesn't matter what you think, it's what people consider to be attractive, and if they need to alter themselves to feel more confident and happy with themselves, it's not your place to critique and judge them. You are being old fashioned for, obviously, not accepting the fact that not everyone thinks the natural look is appealing. If you were "modern" with how you thought, you'd be fine with people doing it and wouldn't let it affect you. But it clearly does.

• There isn't a way for us guys to stop it from affecting us when we see a pretty girl who we would normally want to get to know but she is full of metal and tattoos. It's kind of disappointing. We all judge people and have a right to judge people but we keep these judgments to ourselves in public to be polite.

• Don't be a naive hypocrite. As if you can have a meaningful romantic relationship with someone you find unattractive. Grow up.

• So, I'm the one who is willing to look past looks and give a relationship a chance, and yet I'M the one who needs to grow up? Right. Nice logic there.

• i personaly like tattos and piercings and I find it attractive but all in moderation because first not all piercings look good on everione and wen there is to many it just looks well not good. and I agree with you on the suppostly unique thing because they are all the same. But I think the reason why people get this depends on the person because some do it to fit it and others for looks. I have my tong belly and ears pierced and my moms name tattooed I plan on getting my lower lip pierced and maibe something tatted to represent my daughter but nothing more because I think they look good but no a lot of them. So in a way I kind of agree with you?

• I partly agree with you, it is far from everyone a tattoo or piercing looks good. But then again there are some people it looks really good on, and since it is their own choice they can be as "individual" as they like.

• I hate it when there are piercings everywhere. I like people that can see the beauty within themselves and don't feel the need to have everything pierced or tattooed. If they want to do it, that is their own opinion, but I much prefer someone with out all of the...extras.:)

• I don't, it's body art and another way of self-expression to me. Obviously you aren't the only one who is hidebound when it comes to piercings and tattoos.

What Guys Said 8

• i don't understand what your political beliefs has to do with your distaste in tats/piercings.

• I was simply prefacing with a statement that I don't usually adhere to old fashioned/republican ideology with the exception of tattoos etc.

And thanks for not contributing to the question.

• it's a preference, it has nothing to do with politics. as for me, tats are OK if they're meaningful to the person and not some trendy bullsh*t, tramp stamps are lame. piercings don't bother me as well, and I have no tats or piercings of any kind nor plan to.

• They all are looking nice on body, just depends how beautifully you put it on your body

link

link

I like tattoo's just small one

• If you put a cool sticker on an old clamped out car, it is not going to look any better.

Hot people with tats are still hot. The reverse is also true.

• i can't stand any piercings on women. Only ear piercings I can tolerate

• i'm one of those who would say who cares, to each their own, but personally I do find it unattractive. I recently met a rather attractive girl that was unattractive because of excessive piercings, such a shame

• both my my ears are peirced and stretched to 7/16" and I think that people who have any of the above are attractive

• i used to think tattoos were sweet but now I think they're very unattractive

• Yeah its kinda a turn off to me.