If I eat a carrot everyday, what will that do for me?

Just wonderin how healthy this is and what carrots do for your body. I heard that Carrots are more heathier when they are cooked versus eating them... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Eating 1 carrot a day will do nothing for you.

Carrots are best when raw.Tomatoes are best when cooked or even made into sauce because lycopene(an antioxidant) is absorbed better in our bodies.

To obtain full benefits of fruits and veggies,they have to be a part of your regular diet and eaten on a daily basis.

Someone is going to come on here and say "eating too much raw vegetables is bad for you"

No,it isn't if you 're following the food pyramid.It's only bad when eaten excessively.To Americans anything healthy is oh too much.

Carrots are great for hair and skin,although some people say when carrots are eaten excessively,their skin color changes.

Carrots contain beta carotene,which is basically Vitamin A,as well as antioxidants.

But you can eat them cooked if that is what you prefer

link

• How many should you eat in a day?

• Just carrots?You shouldn't only eat carrots,that is bad for you as too much Vitamin A can be toxic and cause hair loss and diarrhea etc.

3-4 servings of fruits and veggies a day.

• oh ok