Why does long hair seem to be in style?

Why does long hair seem to be in style?

Most Helpful Girl

• i like longer hair on guys, but you have to be able to pull it off otherwise it just looks bad. Not every guy looks good with long hair.

What Girls Said 17

• i love my long hair. its pass my butt and its like a taylor swift do but black. I don't really care if long hair is in or out it looks great and unique. at lesat in the caribbean because its to hot and people prefer the short hair.

• ...

we're in a recession :/

Honestly - long hair is always in for girls.

And around here, long hair for guys is pretty much out of style - the buzz cut or short shave look is in.

• I'm liking the question title. Are you referring to long hair on girls or guys? I'll just answer for both. Long hair on girls has always been "in" because it's viewed as a more feminine look. As for guys, I didn't realize that that was the in style, usually once guys are older they shy away from the long haired style and go for shortness, because I guess that's viewed as more mature. I personally like the shorter hair tooo.

• I think it's always been in style..more or less

• I prefer men with short hair. The long hair kind of makes them look like girls or stoners, no offense to any guy who has it.

• I just have love long hair because I think it suits me better, I've always had long hair throughout almost my entire life. thinking about cutting it though.

• It just is! It's very Rockerish...i ersonally love when guys have long hair.:)

• Well I personally like both it kinda dependes though because you have to have like real cute hair to have it long if not just cut it it looks good on guys both ways I guess

• idk...but guys with long hair are hot!

• its "fashion" , Some guys acctualy look hotter with long hair its kinda sexy surf style

• I like guys with shaggy hair.. I don't know why its just cute to me.. :)

• for girls. not for guys

• Justin Beiber. Tom Brady. Some guys care more about their hair than others such as Pauly D from Jersey Shore. Some teenagers want to be like these guys kinda role models for them so they match hairstyles.

• I like long hair on girls, not on guys.

• Long hair on a girl is always in style... long hair on a guy, well that's a tough one. It should never look like some Fabio rip off but on some guys longer hair (not past the chin no matter what) is okay. Especially for boys 18 and younger. I prefer clean cut guys though, its just sexier and more masculine... I really don't want to share my brush and hair products with my man... that's just weird.

• It's finical reasons I cannot afford a hair cut every month

• It is expensive to get a hai cute every month so just have long hair no problem

What Guys Said 8

• Before, the ideal of beauty was chubby girls (Not kidding), around the middle ages or so. Then, people started to take the Greek's beauty style, they thought of white people, >long hair<, black or golden, blue eyes...

• Hi, my name is Justin Bieber. But seriously, I just think I look better with longer hair. 6 years younger, yes, but I like it better. It's short right now. ... For the record I think I look more like a combination of Gerard Way and Paul McCartney. COUGHCOUGH. Bieber... GTFO... Alright, done talking to myself.

• I've experienced none of this. Between fellas, there's always been like, this huge extremist war between guys with short hair and guys with long hair. I mean, back in the french revolution and the like, the length of your hair depicted what side you were on. In the Viking times you could be killed for cutting your hair short - in mid-20th century america you could be killed for growing it long.

I think its all f***ing stupid, to be honest. Who gives a sh*t? I think peoples taste in men needs maturing, too. And I mean, myself included. Everyone seems to choose either long haired boys or short haired boys. That needs fixed, like. Guys or lez's very rarely care what length a girls' hair is. And like, I've met girls who won't even talk to a guy - not even flirting, talking - unless his hairs past a certain length, and vice versa if his hairs long at all.

Short hairs more in style for girls at the minute, anyway.

• haha I read the comments, I actually have long hair it isn't a big deal just suits me better than short hair and my friends agreed, sometimes I get the mic taken out of me for it, but I just laugh with them, people have different opinions, hair is hair that's all.

• It's not Justin Bieber, people did that when I was in middle school and youtube wasn't even around yet.

It's not in style for older guys (18+, I'd estimate) unless it actually works for a person. I've always seen it as a middle schooler thing.

• B/cos its long..

• bringin back the 70's bro lol I have long hair

• Justin bieber. That's why